C German Rubtsov (2016, 22nd, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Yes the change of development styles at the worst time has most likely doomed his career. If he stayed in RU till at least 21 and fully developed that would be the highest % chance he would become a decent NHL player. There is of course no guarantees of that. But taking the path he has has a very low % chance he will become a decent NHL player. Its not a guarantee he won't be but theres overwhelming odds against it.

Then when Rubtsov doesn't pan out people like Tripod will be the first ones saying its because hes a lazy Russian or something. This is whats so annoying about this process.

Reactions: Kitten Mittens

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Rubtsov named for the Canada Russia Series. This is it for him. Now he has to prove he is a top prospect, that he has not declined in NA and deserves the 1C spot for WJC. I know it's only 2 games, but if he is what the Flyers hope for he should deliver here and now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Except it isn't.

He isn't ready for AHL or KHL and MHL is a step down from CHL.
MHL continuously beats the CHL in recent years. CHL is the step down. Let alone the whole Russians going to the CHL early problem. Obviously CHL is a better option for a Canadian, but for a russian prospect the CHL is the worst option available.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yes the change of development styles at the worst time has most likely doomed his career. If he stayed in RU till at least 21 and fully developed that would be the highest % chance he would become a decent NHL player. There is of course no guarantees of that. But taking the path he has has a very low % chance he will become a decent NHL player. Its not a guarantee he won't be but theres overwhelming odds against it.

Then when Rubtsov doesn't pan out people like Tripod will be the first ones saying its because hes a lazy Russian or something. This is whats so annoying about this process.

Go read my posts, those comments would never come from me.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
If he isn't (or can''t) go the AHL or VHL route, the best option would still be a MHL/KHL combination with Vityaz. He'd get his ice time in the MHL while simultaneously experiencing (and regularly practicing against and learning from) the worlds 2nd highest level of competition with KHLers.

As it stands now, I see few benefits for him playing:
1. 100% vs kids
2. regularly out of position (W)
3. for a dumpster team in the Q.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If he isn't (or can''t) go the AHL or VHL route, the best option would still be a MHL/KHL combination with Vityaz. He'd get his ice time in the MHL while simultaneously experiencing (and regularly practicing against and learning from) the worlds 2nd highest level of competition with KHLers.

As it stands now, I see few benefits for him playing:
1. 100% vs kids
2. regularly out of position (W)
3. for a dumpster team in the Q.

Most are expecting him to be traded.

As far as out of position, maybe he is going to be a winger anyways with:

Couturier, Patrick, Vorobyev, Frost as other C options.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Most are expecting him to be traded.

As far as out of position, maybe he is going to be a winger anyways with:

Couturier, Patrick, Vorobyev, Frost as other C options.

Well let's hope he gets traded, and like soon.

Despite differences of opinion in this thread, everyone wants the same thing....i.e. Rubtsov to develop to his greatest potential. I just don't see it happening now.
He supposedly left Russia for a better opportunity, yet walks into a situation where he's playing out of position for the 2nd year in a row, for a crap team in the middle of nowhere Canada. And his stats reflect as such. The poor guy is wasting away in Chicoutimi. Change of scenery is needed fast.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You talk like he has 1 point this yeR. He is still at PPG. And last year, had the 2nd highest PPG in the QMJHL for a rookie, behind only Hischier.

Let's see how the next few months play out before declaring anything.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
You talk like he has 1 point this yeR. He is still at PPG. And last year, had the 2nd highest PPG in the QMJHL for a rookie, behind only Hischier.

Let's see how the next few months play out before declaring anything.
His shooting percentage was absurd last year and he only played like 15 games

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Rubtsov traded to Acadie-Bathurst

Did Sean Couturier worked the trade? He's a part owner of the team.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well let's hope he gets traded, and like soon.

Despite differences of opinion in this thread, everyone wants the same thing....i.e. Rubtsov to develop to his greatest potential. I just don't see it happening now.
He supposedly left Russia for a better opportunity, yet walks into a situation where he's playing out of position for the 2nd year in a row, for a crap team in the middle of nowhere Canada. And his stats reflect as such. The poor guy is wasting away in Chicoutimi. Change of scenery is needed fast.

How is 12 hours after you posted? Fast enough for ya?

:)

Still lots of french in Bathurst for sure....about 33% english....rest french.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Bathurst paid a hefty price

1st pick 2020 + 2nd pick 2020 + 3rd pick 2020 + Chris Farmer (16 yo doing well in Midget AAA, was a 4th round pick) + Vladimir Kuznetsov (who might report eventually)

vs Rubtsov + 2nd 2020

As a comparison, Timo Meier cost 1st+2nd+4th round picks

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Bathurst paid a hefty price

1st pick 2020 + 2nd pick 2020 + 3rd pick 2020 + Chris Farmer (16 yo doing well in Midget AAA, was a 4th round pick) + Vladimir Kuznetsov (who might report eventually)

vs Rubtsov + 2nd 2020

As a comparison, Timo Meier cost 1st+2nd+4th round picks
So the only difference was a 2nd for a 3rd and Kuz who may or may not report. Not much difference if Bathurst felt Kuz was never coming.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
So the only difference was a 2nd for a 3rd and Kuz who may or may not report. Not much difference if Bathurst felt Kuz was never coming.

If Kuznetsov doesn't report, Chicoutimi gets its 2nd pick back so it would mean: 1+2+3+Farmer(4th) vs Rubtsov.

Meier was more of a sure bet at the time of his trade. He had 176 games played in the QMJHL and the injuries weren't a problem. He also had 36 points in 23 games before the trade.

So yeah, it's a hefty price.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Kuznetsov doesn't report, Chicoutimi gets its 2nd pick back so it would mean: 1+2+3+Farmer(4th) vs Rubtsov.

Meier was more of a sure bet at the time of his trade. He had 176 games played in the QMJHL and the injuries weren't a problem. He also had 36 points in 23 games before the trade.

So yeah, it's a hefty price.
Ok...yup...hefty. And yeah, Meier was good...I live in Halifax so hit to see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->