C German Rubtsov (2016, 22nd, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
He said earlier that Vityaz (his KHL team) shows no interest in him throughout this season.
In that case I wouldn't be very surprised if he will be there next year
although GR also said he doesn't consider such an option. But who knows.

Were heading back towards a centralized club like in SU.. Now its Ska. They need to buy him and manage him by loaning out to Yugra to get top minutes in khl. Like panarin, gusev, now buchnevich...

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
so his name is German but he's Russian? That's not going to be confusing at all

It breaks the English phonetic rule, yes, but his name is pronounced with a hard G as in Gary and not soft a soft G (J) as in gem. So, not really that confusing...but his name will be butchered by broadcasters for a while...

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It is not the reason he's not invited to the U20 team :). Bragin just have prefered another centers. Older guys.

He is a 1998 born. He's good and all, but is he the next Ovechkin to be invited to the U20 team at this age? I don't think so.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I guess that guy deserved to be invited at training camp at least (and Sergachyov as well).

It's not necessary to be the next Ovechkin to get invited into the u-20 team at 17 years old. Russia usually lacks high end centers and defencemen at that kind of tournaments.

Rubtsov is the greatest two-way forward in the whole 2016 draft class, according to reviews of some scouts and Sergachyov is one of the best D. Why not give this kids a chance?

So long as Team Russia has the plugs like Mikulovich in their roster I will never understand their poor decisions.

Look at other country's rosters. Canada, USA, Finland, Sweden. All have u-18 kids in their rosters pretty much every year. And none of this kids is new OV or Malkin (at least I think so).

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
I guess that guy deserved to be invited at training camp at least (and Sergachyov as well).

It's not necessary to be the next Ovechkin to get invited into the u-20 team at 17 years old. Russia usually lacks high end centers and defencemen at that kind of tournaments.

Rubtsov is the greatest two-way forward in the whole 2016 draft class, according to reviews of some scouts and Sergachyov is one of the best D. Why not give this kids a chance?

So long as Team Russia has the plugs like Mikulovich in their roster I will never understand their poor decisions.

Look at other country's rosters. Canada, USA, Finland, Sweden. All have u-18 kids in their rosters pretty much every year. And none of this kids is new OV or Malkin (at least I think so).
He deserved it and he got a chance in novemeber at 4 nations tournament. He is talented but coaches didn't think he was stronger than the other top6 players in the whole coUntry who were a couple years older. He shouldnt be on bottm 6 we need strong character role players there..

Mikulovich is different because the defense situation isn't the greatest.
Russia on average has done better than most other countries in wjc.. I dont think selection is a problem

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Bragin gave Rubtsov a chance to show his stuff at U20 level at the recent 4 nations. Rubtsov is a great player, but his youth showed.

And I don't mind the Sergachyov omission. Unlike forwards, defense is a position where a player's youth and inexperience can be exposed big time.
I mean from everything I'm reading, 1998 Juolevi and Krys are expected to play a limited roll on their teams....and Finland and USA defenses is about equal to ours.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I see your point guys, but all the same I think such a good and rare talents like Serg and Rubtsov must be in russian U-20 team's roster already this year.

Is Provorov really better than Sergachyov at the same age? Just a little bit I think.

I've heard Mikhail is excellent at rushing the puck due to his very good speed and mobility, has great hands and topnotch at his own end, physical beast who uses his size very well.
Furthermore he's sharing first place in scoring category (among the defenseman of course) with 9 goals in the whole Ontario Hockey League - best jr. hockey league in the world.

Rubtsov's two-way ability and very good play at the dot could be very useful for team.

I'm just sure Team Russia wouldn't be worse with this kids that's all.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why is there so little talk about him? Imo he is a top 15 pick who can have a Larkin like climb in value after the draft.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
Why is there so little talk about him? Imo he is a top 15 pick who can have a Larkin like climb in value after the draft.
sorry a bit of a rant but I think that's really getting to the bottom of the answer:
Lack of talk is the Same reason there is no talk about other strong prospects from Russia, and again same reason people think Russia is an underdog and yet they are in finals almost every year in wjc. It's an information wall that unfortunately is connected on a political level as well, since so much of Russian hockey is state sponsored and it's more than just lack of interest, in fact they really are against supporting a world where russian players are a feeder country for NHL, despite the truth they are fighting it.

Whereas in Sweden and Finland, for example, scouts are much more welcome and established, in Russia the clubs who raise the players feel robbed and left with nothing..

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
sorry a bit of a rant but I think that's really getting to the bottom of the answer:
Lack of talk is the Same reason there is no talk about other strong prospects from Russia, and again same reason people think Russia is an underdog and yet they are in finals almost every year in wjc. It's an information wall that unfortunately is connected on a political level as well, since so much of Russian hockey is state sponsored and it's more than just lack of interest, in fact they really are against supporting a world where russian players are a feeder country for NHL, despite the truth they are fighting it.

Whereas in Sweden and Finland, for example, scouts are much more welcome and established, in Russia the clubs who raise the players feel robbed and left with nothing..

Very good post.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
I expect he'll dominate at U-18 WC. Guy's real beast.

Top-15 talent for sure if not top-10. He's the real deal believe me.

I believe he's best russian center sinse Malkin (besides Kuzy who was actually playing RW at his draft year).

He's better than Burmi and Grigorenko in my eyes.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Probably part of the reason a lot of teams sort of ignore them (not including CHL russians for this) as its probably hard to have great scouts/ sources of info there. Considering how often they draft Russians I would think TB, Dallas and Washington (formaly Wings who have slowed down a bit in recent years) feel they are getting adequate info to be comfortable to draft guys high out of there so often/feel they have the support systems to develop them. Considering that TB and Dallas were both built with the Detroit model and Leafs are also trying to replicate that I would hope we have a scout we trust in the region. If we had one before Burke probably fired him on the 1st day as he wasn't gonna draft any.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

"Say "what" again!"

What damn truth? I don't care about how good the league I can't watch is doing. Anything wrong with that? Yes, they are against supporting the NHL and they are damn right. The real truth is leaving for NA "kills" russian prospects.That's a stat, not an opinion.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
"Say "what" again!"

What damn truth? I don't care about how good the league I can't watch is doing. Anything wrong with that? Yes, they are against supporting the NHL and they are damn right. The real truth is leaving for NA "kills" russian prospects.That's a stat, not an opinion.

Lol I think you misunderstood, I completely agree with you, I mean the truth being that NHL is extorting talent through agents and so on, and Russia is fighting it. Despite the reality of NHL being stronger at the moment and attracting talent, russia is fighting it

I'll be the 2nd guy after Peter to tell you that Russian prospects are used to increase competition level in North America while being incredibly detrimental to russian prospects.

I really really hope Rubtsov won't leave to NA

Last edited:

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Lol I think you misunderstood, I completely agree with you, I mean the truth being that NHL is extorting talent through agents and so on, and Russia is fighting it. Despite the reality of NHL being stronger at the moment and attracting talent, russia is fighting it

I'll be the 2nd guy after Peter to tell you that Russian prospects are used to increase competition level in North America while being incredibly detrimental to russian prospects.

I really really hope Rubtsov won't leave to NA

Just at the moment?:amazed:

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Team Russia U18 coach Vitaly Prokhorov said in his interview, that he'll propose GM of Vityaz (Rubtsov KHL team) to take German in their roster next year. Also he said, that he sees some giant potential in him and he will be a star player. Full interview (in russian). A lot of interesting things about MHL, U-18 and Rubtsov too. Maybe someone, who's not lazy like me, will translate it into english.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Don't know much about German but he is climbing the ranks in scouting mocks. Looks to be top 15 now for sure come draft day.

Russian posters seem to be really high on him as well. How does he compare to Barbashev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad