C German Rubtsov (2016, 22nd, PHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
He is a very strong skater with excellent acceleration and balance. But mix in his mobility with strength and tenacity, and you get a coach’s dream. Rubtsov is a “big play†center who preys on the weak, and his superior playmaking ability and vision enables him to be used in key situations regardless of which end of the scoreboard his team is on. He’s an extremely competitive leader who will involve himself physically if the game is in need of a momentum shift.

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/prospects/german-rubtsov/

We mocked him 10th overall last month, and there's no way we change it unless he develops a drug addiction or has a piano fall on his head.

Sometimes, you don't need to see a lot of a specific player to get the idea he's got something going. Rubtsov's one of them.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I LOL'ed at this...

... because the very next day Rubtsov scored 2 goals and put up 4 points.

Top 10 on most lists by June.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I've always questioned his offensive upside, but he's proving me wrong this year. Rubtsov is a warrior.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I LOL'ed at this...

... because the very next day Rubtsov scored 2 goals and put up 4 points.

Top 10 on most lists by June.

Just because a guy has a very good game on one night, doesn't undo the others. Ivanov looked much better in the first two games. That's why I called him a disappointment.

You LOL'ing doesn't mean I am going to take away GR's phenomenal game. Going into the game, he had been ranked 22nd on the DraftBuzz December list. So, I see him as a first round talent. It's just disappointing he is erratic. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

Dec 2, 2010
That's why you never make statements like that after 1 or 2 games.

He's definitely a case of "out of sight, out of mind"

BigBadBruins63*

Just because a guy has a very good game on one night, doesn't undo the others. Ivanov looked much better in the first two games. That's why I called him a disappointment.

You LOL'ing doesn't mean I am going to take away GR's phenomenal game. Going into the game, he had been ranked 22nd on the DraftBuzz December list. So, I see him as a first round talent. It's just disappointing he is erratic. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

Why are you judging anything off 2 games played anyway?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
By the way, German is pronounced with a hard 'G'. So it does not sound like Germany.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
How big of a danger is there of him going to Canadian juniors?

This is the most important question we have to ask about just about every talented young Russian these days.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Can't remember the last time Russians had this kind of two-way center prospect. Brilliant at both ends. Big, fast, strong.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Russian Bergetoews? :)

I watched some of his highlight videos and u-18 mhl games and besides his very good two-way play guy has silky hands and pretty much pro frame.
And he's really fast and strong on his skates as well. Very impressed. He's true leader and has the greatest impact on his team.
It's interesting how much russian factor will affect his draft stock. I think he has potential to be the biggest steal of the upcoming draft at the end of the day.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015

Did you consider his PPG in MHL? At one point he was over 2 PPG.

This guy is such a standout that you don't have to be an expert to recognize how gifted he is. I noticed him at Ivan Hlink on his first 2 shifts, his skating and puckhandling alone scream "Talent."

Best player on the U18 team, IMO.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
can't remember the last time russians had this kind of two-way center prospect. Brilliant at both ends. Big, fast, strong.

.... #71
Maybe not quiet as explosive yet, but his defensive game is better than Malkin's was at this stage

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Just keep him out of the Canadian juniors.

He said earlier that Vityaz (his KHL team) shows no interest in him throughout this season.
In that case I wouldn't be very surprised if he will be there next year
although GR also said he doesn't consider such an option. But who knows.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
He said earlier that Vityaz (his KHL team) shows no interest in him throughout this season.
In that case I wouldn't be very surprised if he will be there next year
although GR also said he doesn't consider such an option. But who knows.
Well, KHL teams have no obligation to play junior players who are not ready for the big league. He will get playing time in the KHL when he is ready for it. He just needs to train and practice hard.

It is up to these kids to realize that playing in the MHL/VHL is better for their development than switching to completely different environment with different playing style and training.

Russia has lost too many players already because of players ruining their careers in North American junior leagues.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Have only seen him play once in that game against Canada the other day but was extremely impressed.

Big, smooth, good hands, made players around him better, great defensively, competed hard.

Heres some video from his game against the US in the same tourny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->