C Gabriel Vilardi (2017, 11th, LAK)

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Vilardi’s game is built on puck possession, work ethic, winning board battles, cycling, taking the puck to the net, etc.

He combines that with his high hockey IQ, slick puckhandling, and high end shooting.

Strome has the 2nd part, but doesn’t have the first part.

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
So why I. I was so excited he fell right into our lap just like Chychryn and we didn't take him. So frustrating.

Tunnel-vision.
th

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
playing in the nhl @ 19> ripping up a lesser league @ 19

Virtanen played in the nhl at 19. He must be better than everyone who waited until 20

I think you both dont understand it.

Nolan Patrick does not look to be the worst pick so far. He is playing in the NHL. If not, he would put up a lot of points in juniors as well, like all 2017 draftpicks, and nobody would even talk about a bad pick.

At the same time, being in the NHL now, does not necessarily mean better than any other prospect within 5 years.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
ok i'll simplify

Patrick>Pettersson right now.
What does this have to do with Pettersson? We are in the Vilardi thread, talking about Nolan Patrick. And you bring up Pettersson? Someone sounds a little salty. You're like the 4th devils fan to randomly bring up crap about Pettersson. I dunno why devils fans are so salty about Pettersson when they got Hischier...?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Picked up an assist yesterday vs. Peterborough in a 3-1 loss... plays again tonight.

PPG is dropping like a rock :sarcasm:

Pass was a pretty backhand across the slot for an easy tap in. Dude only needs a split second to make a great play, I love it.

What does that have to do with a Vilardi thread?

I don't think you know where you are :naughty:

EPThread.jpg

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
What does this have to do with Pettersson? We are in the Vilardi thread, talking about Nolan Patrick. And you bring up Pettersson? Someone sounds a little salty. You're like the 4th devils fan to randomly bring up crap about Pettersson. I dunno why devils fans are so salty about Pettersson when they got Hischier...?

because your literal user name is Elias Pettersson, you then said that Nolan Patrick was the worst pick in the draft, implying you think EP and Vilardi are both better players than patrick?

Or am I wrong and you actually think that Patrick is the second best player from the draft?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
because your literal user name is Elias Pettersson, you then said that Nolan Patrick was the worst pick in the draft, implying you think EP and Vilardi are both better players than patrick?

Or am I wrong and you actually think that Patrick is the second best player from the draft?
No....we hates Patrick and has been saying he is a bust all year.

Reactions: Scorcho

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

This has nothing to do with pettersson, and yet you still keep talking about him. Stop being jealous and go to the pettersson thread if you wanna talk about him.

As for Vilardi, yes I think he'll end up better than patrick

Reactions: lawrence

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Glad Vilardi is back and playing like I expected to. I still can’t believe he slipped to 11. Not sure I’d still take him 3, but I don’t think others have clearly passed him, although it’s tough to argue against Heiskanen, Petersson, and Tolvanen. If he can get that extra burst he’ll be a handful at the NHL level.

Although, it seems some sort of proxy war about non-vilardi prospects has broken out here. As this page seems more about Pettersson, Hischier and Patrick than Vilardi.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I remember wanting Vilardi at #5 in the draft. I mean, I'm pretty happy with Petterson at this point, but I do think Gabe is going to walk into the NHL and become a premier two-way center. His puck possession and board play, combined with the skill, simply unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad