C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
20lbs if muscle, not happening
20lbs of fat, oh god no.

There must be something else he can add 20lbs of, right??

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
A kid that still has not finished growing can add more weight than the average adult who has finished growing.

It would not be unheard of for a male his age to still have growth plates / end plates that are still open...in which case he could still put in weight from added bone as well muscle, fat, soft tissue.

At his age, all the gains aren’t as simple as fat vs muscle.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
If a scrawny little hobbit like Jesper Bratt can go from mediocre Allsvenskan player to looking like a seasoned top 6 NHL vet in one season, why are there any doubts about Pettersson next season, who is both much bigger and currently dominates the SHL?

I get that a center generally needs to be bigger than a winger, but Pettersson would probably start as a winger anyway.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
I don't think skating or speed is a weakness of Pettersson. From the video I have seen, he usually looks like the quickest guy out there and scores a ton of his goals on the rush.
Certainly not a weakness for Elias, I was just saying Johnnys got exceptional skating that’s why he can play with that frame in the NHL level, and still produce. Ofcourse he’s got much more than just skating, but so does Elias.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Pettersson has a brother who goes by the name Emil and we know that no one in the history of NHL has translated well from SHL to NHL having a brother who goes by the name of Emil.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pettersson has a brother who goes by the name Emil and we know that no one in the history of NHL has translated well from SHL to NHL having a brother who goes by the name of Emil.
What the hell did i just read. Even if your been sarcastic just :facepalm:

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Speaking of Emil.....The AHL website has him up to 185lbs. I believe he was drafted at 158lbs. Using my elite maff skills that means he's put on 28lbs since draft.

Elias was I believe 165lbs. If he puts on what his brother put on he'll get up to 193lbs. That plenty big for an NHL player.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Speaking of Emil.....The AHL website has him up to 185lbs. I believe he was drafted at 158lbs. Using my elite maff skills that means he's put on 28lbs since draft.

Elias was I believe 165lbs. If he puts on what his brother put on he'll get up to 193lbs. That plenty big for an NHL player.

Maybe a little too big...?

Cue the meltdown of having another porker come to camp ala. Virtanen. :sarcasm:

Reactions: nucks88

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Where would Pettersson go in the 2018 draft, given his up-to-date production history? I think 2nd behind Dahlin.

Well, he was probably the most offensively gifted in his draft but now you are comparing him as a draft+1 against 17-18 year olds.

He produced in the tier 2 league in Sweden prior to his draft but he was still considered a reach at 5 by a lot of people so I don't know where he would go this year.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Well, he was probably the most offensively gifted in his draft but now you are comparing him as a draft+1 against 17-18 year olds.

He produced in the tier 2 league in Sweden prior to his draft but he was still considered a reach at 5 by a lot of people so I don't know where he would go this year.
Behind Svechnikov and Zadina

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

He said “up to date production and history”

He would go 2nd

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
2 more pts needed to equal Kenta Nilsson, 3 too pass.

Just 1 more point to equal Kent Nilsson, 2 to pass him. That is by going with the official SHL stats instead of those provided by eliteprospects.

SHL.se

Edit. In fact eliteprospects have updated their stats as well so they too are showing 53 points for Nilsson now.

Reactions: OEL for Norris

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Another point. He has tied the record:thumbu:

53 points in 43 games, leads the SHL in scoring, you can't really ask for a better D+1 in terms of development.

Reactions: BlueGreen

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I don’t understand. How can they just now change a 42 year old stat? With EP chasing they decided to go back and look at the points again? Seems a little weird no? (Not that I am not happy).

Reactions: jd22

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
And scores another assist to break the record for highest scoring u-20 player in the history of the SHL. 54 in 43 games. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->