C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He was playing C all night. Didn't take any faceoffs but was in the middle of the ice in the defensive zone and offensive zone. Usually he is on the boards on the breakout and tonight he was in the center. He was also being used as the third man high on the forecheck instead of the first forward in as he has been all season. Might be because of his minor knee injury that his coach is keeping him away from the boards though, not sure.

The plan to put him in the middle to avoid the boards didn't seem to work this game. It looked to me like he was mucking about the boards for at least 2 highlights

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No....Matthews scored 40 in the NHL at the same age.

Doesn't mean he can't be as good as Matthews.

He's gonna be the best player at the world juniors no doubt. Every team will pay special attention to trying to shut him down. Especially on the PP

Rasmus Dahlin will also be there, so I wouldn't say no doubt, but those two should be the two best at the competition.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
His play has been extremely encouraging but I'm still not ready to throw lofty expectations on him.

Just doesn't seem right that the Canucks actually have a prospect like this, playing this well. I'm excited to see what he can do against NHL competition next pre-season.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
awesome news seeing this, but not gonna jump on the he is Mcjesus level player or anything like that or 90 point. maybe 65-75. he also needs to bulk up, or else he will be ragged dolled.

but maybe their due for on elite player. last time we drafted a true elite offensive player was 18 years ago, (1999) @#$ that's long time.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
awesome news seeing this, but not gonna jump on the he is Mcjesus level player or anything like that or 90 point. maybe 65-75. he also needs to bulk up, or else he will be ragged dolled.

but maybe their due for on elite player. last time we drafted a true elite offensive player was 18 years ago, (1999) @#$ that's long time.
Funny how were transitioning to a new Swede now.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I just like that he's a great kid, humble, honest, intelligent, no entitlement and has a good sense of humor. He'll work hard and keep improving. His brother Emil was a 6th round pick kept improving at now at 23 he's a good NHL prospect...imagine if Elias could do that as well. He'll be someone who is easy to cheer for.

A big part of his success is his 200ft game as well, always helps out in his zone and leads the team in +/- at +13.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

For what he's doing right now, 65p would be his absolute floor.

I don't know if people truly appreciate how unprecedented his point totals are in the SHL.

0.5 ppg would have been a good development year.
0.75 ppg would have been great.
1.0 ppg would have been a phenomenal, record breaking year, trending towards an almost surefire 1st line player.
1.4 ppg is ???

He's trending better than anyone's wildest dreams - he's on pace to absolutely destroy what Forsberg, Backstrom or the Sedins did in their d+1 or d+2 years in the SHL. He's putting up numbers you would expect from a generational talent.

Everyone is just waiting for his hot streak to end and for his numbers to fall back to earth but somehow they keep getting better.

Reactions: 1OApick

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

I don't know if people truly appreciate how unprecedented his point totals are in the SHL.

1.0 ppg would have been a phenomenal, record breaking year, trending towards an almost surefire 1st line player.
1.4 ppg is ???

He's trending better than anyone's wildest dreams - he's on pace to absolutely destroy what Forsberg, Backstrom or the Sedins did in their d+1 or d+2 years in the SHL. He's putting up numbers you would expect from a generational talent.

Everyone is just waiting for his hot streak to end and for his numbers to fall back to earth but somehow they keep getting better.

This.

He's putting up generational numbers in the SHL. He will likely break a 40 year record by Kent Nilsson.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

1.4 ppg is ???

totally agreed with your gauge. been following that leauge since 99. Also have to consider the fact, it's not like he is playing with some high scoring linemate. he's doing it himself.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

1.4 ppg is ???

This. I mean just look at Lias Andersson drafted 2 spots after. He's doing amazing in SHL, but points are no where even near Pettersson

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Sweden deserves another offensive force. Havent had that since peter forsberg imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad