C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Vaxjoe sxored 5 goals and Petersson had 4 assists while first time playing centre in the SHL
35 pts in 25 SHL games
This is getting stupid, maybe the league is too easy for him

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
nIeBVLz.jpg

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
How is a 19 year old kid putting up 1.4 PPG and leading the SHL in scoring.... i don't understand how that's possible.

Stat line alone, he's tracking to be a NHL superstar no?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
calder winner next season.

canucks set down the middle for the future:
pettersson
horvat
gaudette

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kid is unstoppable. He is the true #2 behind hirscher.

How is a 19 year old kid putting up 1.4 PPG and leading the SHL in scoring.... i don't understand how that's possible.

You answered your own question. Elite athletes elevate their play when needed. And he was PPG last season also, so its not like this is some huge jump. It is one due to the league and better stats, but his stats were great last season.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

He is tracking to put up 90 points in NHL.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

He's putting up historical numbers, this is more impressive than Kent Nilsson and his 1.5 PPG in the 70s.

He tracking to be the best U20 player all time in the SHL.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He's going to be centering the Canuck's second line next season. Wouldn't be surprised if he is our first line centre by the end of the 2018-2019 season.

Horvat
Pettersson
Sedin (bring them back at $2-3 mill each for 1 year to mentor the kids)

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Do we have an Austin mathews level player on our hands?

A step below in my opinion. But the future is not yet written and his talent level is beyond dispute. I am finding it difficult to track his potential ceiling as what he is doing is almost without precedent.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I keep expecting him to hit a wall, just my nature of his age.

Keeps proving me wrong though, excited to see what he can do in the show.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
He's gonna be the best player at the world juniors no doubt. Every team will pay special attention to trying to shut him down. Especially on the PP

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
He was on the wing
He was playing C all night. Didn't take any faceoffs but was in the middle of the ice in the defensive zone and offensive zone. Usually he is on the boards on the breakout and tonight he was in the center. He was also being used as the third man high on the forecheck instead of the first forward in as he has been all season. Might be because of his minor knee injury that his coach is keeping him away from the boards though, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad