C Elias Pettersson - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
I've seen him play several times and this kid is just so gifted. Dominant in J18 Allsvenskan even though he was one of the lightest player on the ice in every game.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
13 points in his first 6 SuperElit games, at 16? That's impressive!

Yeah, and it wasn't just a fluke either. He absolutely dominated despite being way behind in the physical department.

On his J18 team he put up 38 points in 18 games, the second best in the league had 28 and the second best on his team had 16. That's just ridiculous.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I was just about to come and see what's up with this guy. Saw his PPG in the U20 league and the amount of games he played and I figured he must've been an older guy splitting his time between the allsvenskan/shl and the u20 league, but then I realized the guy was 2 years away from even being draft eligible.

Any scouting report ?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
He's just a natural. Great smarts on both ends, awesome hand-eye and passing ability, controls the puck so well. No real electrifying weapons, just so very smart and so gifted, just natural instincts and knack for reading the game and creating chances.

I dunno if John Tavares is a reasonable style comparison, but someone like that who hasn't got elite skating or a rocket of a shot but still creates things with his smarts and hands all the time.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Where do you guys expect Elias to go in his draft? top 5 pick? Like, would you consider him as talented as William Nylander at the same age?

draft rankings people!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Where do you guys expect Elias to go in his draft? top 5 pick? Like, would you consider him as talented as William Nylander at the same age?

draft rankings people!

They are very different type of players. Pettersson is a Sam Reinhart type player with maybe a little bit more wow-factor in his offensive game. He doesn't skate like Nylander but it will likely improve once he gets stronger. I'd say his hockey sense is higher than Nylander's and he is always a step ahead of the rest. His draft is still two years away and he only broke out during the second half of this season but his production is extremely impressive for a 16-year old weighing 140 pounds.

It will be interesting to see if Pettersson can get games in Allsvenskan next season, first he will have to dominate in Superelit. He's far behind physically so maybe he's a year away.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011

draft rankings people!

I don't think he's big (he's basically built like a hockey stick as of now, still hard to knock off the puck) or dynamic enough to be a top-5-pick, if I had to guess right now I'd think guys like Timothy Liljegren and Adam Thilander on D would be more appealing from a Swede standpoint, but Pettersson's got two years to fill out a bit before he's even drafted.

Underrated aspect of this is that he's playing in his hometown and also for an organization that doesn't necessarily have the biggest stars, so he'll get his chances for sure leading up to the draft.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Kid seems to be struggling after having a dominant last season, what's wrong with him?

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
a assist in his team only goal in a 1-3 loss. Btw, Dahlen scored, for me a very underrated player.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I see both Elias Pettersson and Dahlén on almost daily basis as I cover their team for the local newspaper. Elias is the biggest prospect that Timrå have had since like Mats Näslund. The GM says he´s better atm than Henrik Zetterberg was at the same time in his carrer.
Natuarlly, he has had a little slump in his form after the very impressive start in Hockeyallsvenskan, but latley has started to pick up form again.

He´s one of the lightest players, but the things he does with the puck compensates that big time. 9 points in 23 games may not be that super impressive, but he´s been one of Timrås best players this year with Dahlén.

If he continues to develop next season, I´d say he may very well be a 1st rounder.

0:54 in this video is his latest goal: http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play#video=ldgw3

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I see both Elias Pettersson and Dahlén on almost daily basis as I cover their team for the local newspaper. Elias is the biggest prospect that Timrå have had since like Mats Näslund. The GM says he´s better atm than Henrik Zetterberg was at the same time in his carrer.
Natuarlly, he has had a little slump in his form after the very impressive start in Hockeyallsvenskan, but latley has started to pick up form again.

He´s one of the lightest players, but the things he does with the puck compensates that big time. 9 points in 23 games may not be that super impressive, but he´s been one of Timrås best players this year with Dahlén.

If he continues to develop next season, I´d say he may very well be a 1st rounder.

0:54 in this video is his latest goal: http://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play#video=ldgw3

Well Zetterberg was a 7th rounder. I think Pettersson will go much higher than that.;) Right now he should absolutly be consider to be a 1th rounder. Overall 2017 seems to be a very good draft year from sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad