C Cody Glass - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2017, 6th, VGK)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Definitely see a hybrid of Spezza and Scheifle in Cody's game. He will be scary good if and when he becomes 6'4 190 lbs.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
One of my favorites from this draft class, hope this kid is a home run pick for whoever takes him.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
His development curve is interesting..he hasn't plateaued..his game is developed at a fast pace by the end of the season.
If he works on his skating, gains 15 lbs of muscle.... grows another inch... you could have a completely different player.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Really? Thats bold i really like Glass too I hope somehow he falls to 5 and Benning goes completely anti-Benning and makes the right choice and takes him. I can see this

NJ Patrick
PHILLY Hershier
DAL Heiskanen
COLO Vilardi
VAN Glass
LAS Middlestat
ARI Necas
BUFF Makar
DET Peterson
FLO Tolvanen

With the rise of Makar & Pettersen, would love to see Glass fall to the Sabres
at #8. :naughty:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Really hope we get him at 5 and then can pick Pettersson/Necas at 8 if we get that pick from Buffalo in a Tanev blockbuster. Heart is really set on Glass

Really interesting that Button says hes on the same level as Hischier and Patrick. But then some saying Heiskanen or Makar could end up being the best of this draft. And the odd person saying Necas will end up as the best. And of course theres Vilardi. Such a big uncertainty of who will go where and who will end up the best this is gonna be one of those drafts that we are redrafting for many years and a lot of fans will have regrets very high and some lower ones could strike gold. Hopefully we get our luck after disaster top end drafts in 2014 and 2016 but unfortunately Bennings record is awful

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
I would tend to agree, I don't see any meaningful difference between Hischier and Patrick and Glass/Villardi. Good year to be at #5.

Well, Nico Hischier is the clear best player in this draft for me - but Cody Glass very well may be ahead of Nolan Patrick at this point.

Lets not get carried away...I read an article where Glass was asked if he was as good as Patrick and he said not now but maybe in the future. So there's that plus none of the many scouts that have watched many hours of him in action have suggested, or rankings that I have seen have Glass ranked ahead of Patrick. So I would have to say that at this point anyway...no he is not.

Now having said that I wouldn't be too upset if Benning calls out his name but I think I would still prefer Mittlestadt over him even with his over played strength issues.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Who cares about "at this point." Will he be better than Patrick or not? That's the real question.

Knucklehead

Oct 18, 2002
Fort Nelson,B.C.
What kool aid am I supposed to be drinking? Projecting long-term potential is what matters. That's just ABCs of scouting.

Of course you are right. And excuse me, I was referring to the extraordinary love affair a lot of Canuck fans appear to have for Glass and it is difficult to comprehend why. It is as if they all drank from the same spiked Kool Aid. A Glass who has the potential to be a good second line center. I want more than that for the Canucks and I think they want a player with more upside potential as well.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I have no horse in this race. Just observing with interest and trying to make sense of this draft class.

I have heard some people say that Glass lacks some explosiveness to be a first line player. But there are also some who believe that does have this upside.

I don't know what to think. Although Glass is not ranked as high as Patrick and Hischier on most lists, he is 3rd on redline's list, 5th on Dennis Schellenberg's, 5th on McCagg's. That's not bad.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I have no horse in this race. Just observing with interest and trying to make sense of this draft class.

I have heard some people say that Glass lacks some explosiveness to be a first line player. But there are also some who believe that does have this upside.

I don't know what to think. Although Glass is not ranked as high as Patrick and Hischier on most lists, he is 3rd on redline's list, 5th on Dennis Schellenberg's, 5th on McCagg's. That's not bad.

I am not a fan of Glass. Absolutely not. HIs coach compared him to Johansen (Probably Winterhawk to Winterhawk comparison) skates nothing like Johansen. Johansen is a smooth skater, Glass is not, agility is note even close to him.

Infact I don't see him even going in the top 4.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This draft is the most enigmatic in memory and I have been following these since at least 2000. Virtually no consensus on anything. Glass is a good example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->