C Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th, BUF) II

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
The incoming class is not amazing, but it has Blake McLaughlin. CM will be the difference between a contender and a 10-15 range team.

This weekend was the first one he took over in college. He could do that probably half the weekends if he comes back.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The incoming class is not amazing, but it has Blake McLaughlin. CM will be the difference between a contender and a 10-15 range team.

This weekend was the first one he took over in college. He could do that probably half the weekends if he comes back.
I think Walker will be fine, too. Very fast and aggressive offensively. Even though he is playing C right now, his best position is wing, so he might be a natural for CM's line. How has McLaughlin been doing? Numbers are pretty good.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

definitely the young man that is the focus of that class - he has a ton of skill and would real damn good playing with CM. I think the class is strong, but I forgot Brinkman was a 2019 not a 2018 which I thought he was included with Wait, McLaughlin, and Nelson

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, I have heard that Brinkman might go to the U early. He's certainly ready hockey wise.

Memyselfandi

Feb 10, 2018
CM team have been eliminate in 2 games i think... but Casey scores 3+2 in these 2 games. He was very good.

Is the Goopher season over ? Any chance Buffalo sign him for a taste of the NHL soon ??

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think it will be at least a couple of weeks before their season is over.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Should be interesting to see if Minny is in. It's going to be close.

Otherwise season is over.
Would suck as he he was just heating up.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
Yeah, the Gophers aren't very good this year. If I was Lucia(coach), I'd be riding Mittelstadt like a horse, but he simply doesn't. I think CM might be better served playing a bit of AHL next year, then NHL.

Huehuehuehuehue of course you would.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
If the Gophers make the tournament I can't imagine him playing less than 20 minutes in game 1 and any possible game after that if they upset someone.

Unfortunately the Gophers roll four lines most of the time, so it wouldn't be until the third period that he gets double shifted.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Casey really improved as the season went on and I could see him signing with Buffalo. Selfishly, I would love to see him play another year in college though to see him dominate. It really was a privilege to see him live this year despite the bad team around him. Whenever he has the puck, he is spectacular to watch he has elite level puck skills. It's a shame that he was underutilized by the Minnesota coaching staff.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
If it tells you anything about how this season has gone, whatever line he was on would probably be called the "first line".

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't understand Bristedt's regression. He was such a sparkplug in previous years.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Best offensive player from his draft. I don't think anyone will challenge him. This Leafs fan is super jealous.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Only problem with that is Alex Nylander was like 2nd last year and now hes in full regression. I hope we dont repeat this showing like we are repeating sucking in the NHL year after year.

Nylander hasn't regressed, he just hasn't grown into the pro game the way you'd hope. That said, if we'd sent him back to juniors, he wouldn't even be eligible to turn pro until next season, so there's still plenty of time for him to find his game.

Mittelstadt already plays a much more pro-style game than Nylander. He's got a lot more hustle in his game to go with the skill. He's going to be a player. The question is how good?

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Gophers miss the tournament. Casey could be on his way to Buffalo if he wants to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad