C Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th, BUF) II

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man this thread is freakin' hilarious, if he had just two more points, all you guys would be admiring how much he "resembl3z" Connor. Even if they somehow happened to be either secondary assists or fluke assists coming off his skate or chin.

The measuring blocks for freshman in the big 10 are probably Kyle Connor (1.86) and Dylan Larkin (1.34). Other guys worth noting are Luke Kunin(.94) and Trent Frederic (1.1). Currently, the Big 10 is viewed as one of the weaker conferences in College hockey, and not as tough to score in as NCHC or Hockey East, although, this early in the season there have been a lot of cross-over games, Kyle Connor, for example, didn't really explode until mid December when the conference schedule picked up. Larkin and Frederik were January to September 15th birthdays, while Connor and Kunin were late birthdays.
The third best NCAA league that features a nation with 60 or so teams is considered weak? :huh:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Man this thread is freakin' hilarious, if he had just two more points, all you guys would be admiring how much he "resembl3z" Connor. Even if they somehow happened to be either secondary assists or fluke assists coming off his skate or chin.

The third best NCAA league that features a nation with 60 or so teams is considered weak? :huh:
When compared to the NCHC and Hockey-East it is viewed as the weaker conference.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
When compared to the NCHC and Hockey-East it is viewed as the weaker conference.

When Kyle Connor was playing the Big 10 it was a terrible conference and he feasted on weaker teams.
Thats why the Big 10's record against the NCHC was 1-16-1 that year

This year the Big 10 along with the NCHC are far and away better than the Hockey East

The Big 10's record against hockey east this year is 8-0-1

1)NCHC
2) Big 10
-
3) Hockey East

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Although he was drafted by the enemy, I am really excited to see what he can do at this year's WJC. He was the most exciting player in the U18 tourney a couple years ago.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

The Big 10 is a joke compared to the NCHC. Secondly, I don't understand why people get all defensive about mittlestadt. The truth is, it is kind of disappointing for an 8th overall pick to not be ppg in NCAA in the big10. I understand that his performance is good, but compared to recent NCAA studs draft +1 seasons (Keller, Connor, Boeser, Larkin, White, Jost) you've got to be disappointed in the lack of translation of skill to scoresheet.

I still believe he can do it, but to say his season is living up to his hype is wrong

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Classic HF.
Someone says something I don't like about my favourite prospect.
"WELL YOU DON'T WATCH HIM PLAY!!! 1!1!1!

I notice you didn't answer the question. Have you watched him play besides a few clips?

A lot of people just like to stat watch, that’s why.

A "boxscore scout". If it was only as simple as adding up numbers...

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I notice you didn't answer the question. Have you watched him play besides a few clips?

I haven't watched too much of CM. But I wasn't commenting anything about his play. I didn't say he played like crap, isn't generating offence, or whatever. My comment was about his stats being disappointing, regardless of his plays.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

That’s kinda how it is around here. People look at stats and make hasty decisions.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Kids going to dominate at the WJC. Casey will literally be a human highlight reel. This will be #mittelstud’s coming out party. Can’t wait.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kids going to dominate at the WJC. Casey will literally be a human highlight reel. This will be #mittelstud’s coming out party. Can’t wait.

Eh, maybe. He's going to be lining up with some talented people in Brown and Yamamoto, so he should be hitting the scoresheet pretty regularly. I enjoy the kid as much as anyone, but I'm not ready to anoint him as anything other than a hopeful producer.

Reactions: dire wolf

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
5 goals in 19 games? That's nothing to write home about. He better start shooting more in the WJC cause he's lined up with two players that will be getting him the puck a lot in Brown and Yamamoto. Out of those three, I'd expect Mittelstadt to lead in goals but his season isn't inspiring any confidence. Has looked really good in the games I've watched of his this season, just not scoring like I expected him to this year.

Reactions: 99664987

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I'm sure he will do great during WJC. Playing against older players really gives you an edge when you have to play against everyone else that's your own age.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
He's not producing as well as I thought he would but the season isn't over.
I suspect that if here were playing in the CHL, he would be lighting it up.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
He would be. Gabe Guertler went from five points in college to 57 in the OHL lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad