C Arttu Hyry - Karpat, Liiga (2019 undrafted; signed by DAL)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
2001 born big center from Finland
it seems many NHL teams are interested of signing him next summer.
(Finnish media tells us this)

He is one of our HC Jukka Jalonen's favorite players this season
it also seems.

6 foot 2 / 215 lbs
6.4.2001 (21 yrs old)

Shoots : Right

Before this season, he had zero experience from national team
- any age group

To everyone's surprise Jukka Jalonen picked this 21 year old line center from Kärpät
to the Euro Hockey Tour.... and what a debut! 1+1 stats for 3 games

13 goals, 29 points, 0.56 ppg and +18 so far this season

I gotta be honest here, i haven't followed Kärpät at all this season
i missed that Swiss Euro Hockey Tour completely, i just heard about this player..
so i only have few articles and his stats

my fellow Finnish hockey fans, is he good? could he be a surprise signing to the NHL as a free-agent in the summer?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Compared to last summer's Lightning signing Waltteri Merelä, Hyry isn't as good offensively but better defensively. 54.8% on faceoffs which is sixth-best in Liiga when you set the limit to at least 600 faceoffs taken.

Considering how much Jukka Jalonen likes role players I can easily see him in the WC and if so he should sign an NHL contract. Not saying he will be a regular player in the NHL next season but I can see him grinding through the AHL.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Good thing to remember that he doesn't play on the powerplay for reasons nobody can understand. So his 29 points in 53 games is all 5vs5.

If he had played as 1c with Turunen and Koivunen like he deserved, I think he would have closer to 50 points. Now he's been stuck playing defensive role with ghost of Marko Anttila and a rookie Antti-Roiko.

I'd say pretty surely that he is NHL player in the future. Good comparision would be Luostarinen or if everything goes well Tage Thompson

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad