c and a's for canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:
Explain? I am interested in knowing what Phaneuf has that Richards doesn't in terms of leadership.
I just see Phaneuf as a player to set the tone during a game more than Richards, again, just my opinion. Richards obviously has a chance to be Captain, but I feel Phaneuf will and should be given the "C".

I just see Phaneuf as a more dominating player than Richards, and maybe his teammates will follow off a huge hit or something of that nature....

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
jtuzzi21 said:
I just see Phaneuf as a player to set the tone during a game more than Richards, again, just my opinion. Richards obviously has a chance to be Captain, but I feel Phaneuf will and should be given the "C".

I just see Phaneuf as a more dominating player than Richards, and maybe his teammates will follow off a huge hit or something of that nature....
I respect your decision but you put "no question really" in there which kindoff through me off.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:
I respect your decision but you put "no question really" in there which kindoff through me off.
Yea, maybe it should.
I always do stuff like that in my posts, just because I see it as no question. I can see Richards getting the C though.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
RoyIsALegend said:
How's that?

I'll take a guy (Bergeron) who played regularily ES PK PS on the third best team in the NHL as my "A" any day of the week.

Bergeron wasn't vocal enough for you last year???
Good. He shouldn't have been... he was an 18yr-old- he shouldn't be telling anybody anything -yet- at the NHL level.

He leads by example and by playing hard and not backing down. He went to and graduated from the Martin Lapointe school of leadership... say what you want about Lapointe -he is a ferocious leader.

I know the numbers of Juniour hockey look sexier in comparison -but if you look at what Bergeron did last year- there is no questioning him.

Ya, Richards is probley a great leader etc.... but if I'm on team Canada I've got more respect for a guy who played in the NHL, scored (a beauty) the OT GW in the Stanley Cup playoffs and made the Mens National team right after that...over a guy who is great at telling a bunch of 16 and 17yr-old what do do...

Let's not forget that Bergeron is the ONLY guy on this team to have won a Gold-medal for his team at a major tournament...

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
Colt.45Orr said:
I'll take a guy (Bergeron) who played regularily ES PK PS on the third best team in the NHL as my "A" any day of the week.

Bergeron wasn't vocal enough for you last year???
Good. He shouldn't have been... he was an 18yr-old- he shouldn't be telling anybody anything -yet- at the NHL level.

He leads by example and by playing hard and not backing down. He went to and graduated from the Martin Lapointe school of leadership... say what you want about Lapointe -he is a ferocious leader.
I know the numbers of Juniour hockey look sexier in comparison -but if you look at what Bergeron did last year- there is no questioning him.

Ya, Richards is probley a great leader etc.... but if I'm on team Canada I've got more respect for a guy who played in the NHL, scored (a beauty) the OT GW in the Stanley Cup playoffs and made the Mens National team right after that...over a guy who is great at telling a bunch of 16 and 17yr-old what do do...

Let's not forget that Bergeron is the ONLY guy on this team to have won a Gold-medal for his team at a major tournament...

who is that philly or san jose... because i know you don't mean a team that lost in the first round of the playoffs to the lowest seeded team in their conference after being up 3 games to 1... :joker: but then again that team was montreal :bow: :yo:

but anyways ya i think he will forsure get an 'A'

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:
Ya, Richards is probley a great leader etc.... but if I'm on team Canada I've got more respect for a guy who played in the NHL, scored (a beauty) the OT GW in the Stanley Cup playoffs

Not to take anything away from Bergeron, but his OT goal was paerhaps the softest goal Theodore has ever given up. In the end it doesn't matter, but I'd hardly call it a beauty.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
oilerrick said:
No A for Sidney, eh?
It won't even be a consideration and that's not saying that Sidney doesn't have
leadership qualities but he will show his leadership quietly on the ice.It would
probably not go over well giving a C or an A to a 17 yr old on a team of 19 yr
olds especially when there are plenty of 19 yr old leaders in their own right.
Besides Sidney wouldn't want them to anyway.

Vic Rattlehead*

bonefizzle said:
who is that philly or san jose... because i know you don't mean a team that lost in the first round of the playoffs to the lowest seeded team in their conference after being up 3 games to 1... :joker: but then again that team was montreal :bow: :yo:

but anyways ya i think he will forsure get an 'A'

We lost to the Islanders?!?!? Montreal wasn't the lowest seeded team in the playoffs, the Isles were.

shootonce99

Jan 20, 2004
I think Stewart should wear an "A" because this is a group of boys that have a lot of respect for him. And, in a leadership position, he'll step up and try to set an example.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
Phaneuf will get the C over Richards because Sutter trusts him and is his coach! I mean, why else is Colin Fraser on the team? Nothing to knock against Fraser, great player but surely him playing for Sutter helped him get on the team.

Anyways, either Phaneuf or Richards will be good choices.

Nonetheless, great team. Can't wait to win gold again on US soil.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:

I hope that was a joke.

I don't care where the Bruins finished during the regular season, to consider them the 3rd best team in the NHL is laughable.

C - Phaneuf
A - Richards
A - Bergeron

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
19bruins19 said:
We lost to the Islanders?!?!? Montreal wasn't the lowest seeded team in the playoffs, the Isles were.

my bad... still a first round exit none the less

Vic Rattlehead*

bonefizzle said:
my bad... still a first round exit none the less
I'm used to it. Boston does well in the regular season but stinks in the playoffs.

The Commish

Dec 11, 2004
I dont think Stewart should have a letter. He didnt have a strong camp as he was one of the few vets to play in the last game against the UofM, I read an article where Sutter said he was trying to send a message to a few vets, meaning Stewart. I dont think you can give a guy a letter who didnt step up in camp, especailly with how many leaders are on these club. IMO Richards will wear the C, Carter and Phaneuf the A's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->