C Alexander Zhabreyev - Severstal Cherepovets, KHL (2018 undrafted)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Very small 5'7 fast center Alexander Zhabreyev who's put up 11 goals and 19 points, good for 30 points in 40 games. He's around my 3rd round right now. Hoping he has a few more inches at least of growth otherwise he'll struggle to find his groove in the NHL. Very high skilled who's shown promising flashes.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Am I the only one who really like this kid?

I think he should get consideration in the 1st round...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I need to see him more, but he reminds me a bit of Kaprizov.

He is the type you really must do your homework on. Size is a legit concern. Listed at 5’7, could be a generous listing. How big are his parents? How has he grown over time? I think size issues are overblown, especially right now, but there is of course a huge difference if this kid comes in at 5’5 or 5’9+.

Still, such a good skater. Not just quick and agile, but tremendous edge work and gets real speed when he moves. Natural stick handler at top speed.

Edit: I saw some of Russias pretournament game against Sweden (its on YT). Zhabreyev wasn't quite able to stay on top of the pace as he have done against some of the lesser opponents in the U18. Its tricky in that sense when the opponents are of such varying quality.

I still like him, but I think he needs to grow a little bit to get up towards 1st rounder potential.

Last edited:

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Still listed on Dynamo by elite prospects. No mention of trade on Twitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad