C Aleksi Heponiemi- Modo, Hockey Allsvenskan, Sweden (2017, 40th, FLA)

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
To put things into perspective, Heponiemi's current pace would rank him 9th best age-adjusted points per game in the CHL over the last decade.
view.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 10.11.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 10.11.51 AM.png
    296.8 KB · Views: 94

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hepo is in a 7 game goal&point streak; 1+1,1+4,2+1,1+1,1+1,1+1,1+1.

12 goals,25 assists,37 points,+22 for 15 games,the pace isn't dropping/slowing down yet...much
from 188 points to 180 :)

15 games down,57 to go in the regular season.

1 thing though...i know that he is a playmaker,but should he shoot the puck more?
35 shots on goal,that ranks him at 126th in the league.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Goal streak 8 games for Hepo now. SCB score 6 goals and a W,
the usual suspects score; Heponiemi&Steenbergen 1+2 and Gawden 1+1.
- Hepo only 1 sog tonight.

last 8 games; 8+12=20

Heponiemi first 5 games only 2 goals,for last 11 games 11 goals.

13g+27assists=40pts +24 in 16 games this season
- he has a crazy 36 s% this season
- although game before this, last 5 games 19 sog
- first 11 games he went with 42 s%

Reactions: Lovsan

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Boom!!! the streak continues,this time; 1 goal,3 assists.
44 points +27 in 17 games. . His playmaking skills,...good lord this player is good.

Bronco's score 6 and a W.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
He is the guy I wanted when we picked Robertson. Not mad with Robertson but man would I love to have a player with his skill and playmaking ability. Dallas has a butt load of big wingers and needs play making

Reactions: Ippenator

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Only way them to play together is, if the other one plays RW because both are LW's

Heponiemi-????-Tolvanen

Koppanen?
I was thinking Vesalainen-Heponiemi-Tolvanen. Finns are lacking top tier centers so he'll probably play there. I know you said he is bad at faceoffs but so are many NHL centers and they still do fine in the position.
Kuokkanen is the next best C option, i guess

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I was thinking Vesalainen-Heponiemi-Tolvanen. Finns are lacking top tier centers so he'll probably play there. I know you said he is bad at faceoffs but so are many NHL centers and they still do fine in the position.
Kuokkanen is the next best C option, i guess

There is no way that he will play center,our coach is grade A
he is not blind and going to make a huge mistake like that.

We have great center selection for the wjc,what are you talking about?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

We have great center selection for the wjc,what are talking about?
If Heponiemi isn't doing it, Kuokkanen is the only one I trust to play 1st line minutes. Neither Kupari or Kotkaniemi will be thrown to get 1st line matchups as center at this age. Who else is good enough to play big minutes vs lines like Middlestadt-Brown-Yamamoto, and Steel-McLeod-Kyrou (or whatever they'll throw at us). Ikonen, Räsänen, Koppanen are all decent but nothing to celebrate about

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

We have great center selection for the wjc,what are you talking about?
Maybe you remember how that coach exactly played Sebastian Aho as a center, although he had always played as winger before that? Maybe you even remember what was the result of that blind decision? And no, Finland does not have that good center lineup really. It is in fact pretty much the biggest weakness of this years U20 team.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Maybe you remember how that coach exactly played Sebastian Aho as a center, although he had always played as winger before that? Maybe you even remember what was the result of that blind decision? And no, Finland does not have that good center lineup really. It is in fact pretty much the biggest weakness of this years U20 team.

Sebastian Aho is good at face-offs,Hepo's face-off ability is a joke.
- there is no way Hepo plays center position

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If Heponiemi isn't doing it, Kuokkanen is the only one I trust to play 1st line minutes. Neither Kupari or Kotkaniemi will be thrown to get 1st line matchups as center at this age. Who else is good enough to play big minutes vs lines like Middlestadt-Brown-Yamamoto, and Steel-McLeod-Kyrou (or whatever they'll throw at us). Ikonen, Räsänen, Koppanen are all decent but nothing to celebrate about

Heponiemi can't play center period

He-is-terrible at face-offs. He loses 70-75% of his face-offs,
also he has played this and last season as a winger,
so it makes no sense what so ever to switch his position.

ARäsänen,Kotkaniemi,Koppanen,Somppi,Ikonen is great center fivesome

Reactions: Red

Jakeybonz2

Feb 19, 2017
they added 2 assists from 2 games ago or last game not sure which but its 46 freaking points now in 17 games. when he had 17 points in 5 games I thought it was cute but about 10 games ago I started putting the panthers forums on notice. we have a star on our hands here. I don't know to what extent he's benefiting off steenbergen or vice versa but I don't care. nearly 3 ppg over 17 games is not a fluke. especially if u see the way he gets them. dudes gonna have an absolutely monstrous year. I wish he was big enough to play for us next yr cause we suck and badly need him. if he gains some weight and makes the team with borgy next yr we basically have team finland when u include . all of finland are going to be panther fans if they aren't already. and the winning they bring will make it easier to swallow watching. I don't know which of borgstrom or hepo I'm more excited about. it looks like for the first time in history the same team will own the rights to the chl leading scorer and the ncaa scoring champ in the same year. and both finns. remarkable. i think I like following hepo better than borg just because the numbers really jump out at u and its fun to look at. if hepo plays the full 72 I expect 160 points which is disgusting. but hey if he keeps this absurd pace itd be ~194 points. can u imagine? if he breaks 200 ill throw a freakin party and a food drive for him to bulk up. we need him like yesterday. amazing pick.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Sebastian Aho is good at face-offs,Hepo's face-off ability is a joke.
- there is no way Hepo plays center position
Are you watching Hepo play a lot this season? Because it really sounds weird how bad you claim he is at faceoffs, and at the same time at the Panthers board some people have been praising how good he has been with facoffs. I’m not sure whom I should trust with this really?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Are you watching Hepo play a lot this season? Because it really sounds weird how bad you claim he is at faceoffs, and at the same time at the Panthers board some people have been praising how good he has been with facoffs. I’m not sure whom I should trust with this really?
his FO% is 38.1 right now. Not very good but that wont be the thing that stops him from playing C. McKinnon is at the same numbers this season. Rantanen takes some of the faceoffs for Avs because of that, and I dont see any reason why they couldnt do the same thing in WJC.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Heponiemi can't play center period

He-is-terrible at face-offs. He loses 70-75% of his face-offs,
also he has played this and last season as a winger,
so it makes no sense what so ever to switch his position.

ARäsänen,Kotkaniemi,Koppanen,Somppi,Ikonen is great center fivesome
You know, there's a lot more to playing center than just faceoffs.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Tippett - Trochek - Heponiemi

Or

Huberdeau - Barkov - Heponiemi

Scary future lines for the Cats, but they need to fix that defense...
And Borgström is scary good too. Scoring with a 2.00 PPG pace in university hockey. I think that is as close to record pace as Heponiemi’s scoring pace has been in the WHL. Unbelievably skilled two players for Florida and of course the Finnish national team. Both guys have especially incredible hands, but Borgs is a great goal scorer and Hepo is an amazing passer, maybe they could be a very dynamic duo at some point?

Reactions: Jakeybonz2

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tippett - Trochek - Heponiemi

Or

Huberdeau - Barkov - Heponiemi

Scary future lines for the Cats, but they need to fix that defense...

I think they want Huberdeau& Barkov to have a shooter, both of them prefer to be playmakers.
Add Borgstrom+ Dadonov and they should have a dangerous top9.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I think they want Huberdeau& Barkov to have a shooter, both of them prefer to be playmakers.
Add Borgstrom+ Dadonov and they should have a dangerous top9.
And Borgström is scary good too. Scoring with a 2.00 PPG pace in university hockey. I think that is as close to record pace as Heponiemi’s scoring pace has been in the WHL. Unbelievably skilled two players for Florida and of course the Finnish national team. Both guys have especially incredible hands, but Borgs is a great goal scorer and Hepo is an amazing passer, maybe they could be a very dynamic duo at some point?
Forgot about him oops. Panthers have an amazing future forward core. Plus they also have Mascherin.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So ya think hes trending better then Aho was after he was drafted? Looks so dam impressive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->