Player Discussion Byron Froese - The Underdog Edition

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
WHat i love about his game last night, the man knows he is to be scratched except if he keeps playing lights out, and he goes out and puts up another lights our performance .
Good on him, he deserves to keep playing.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was so glad we signed him this past summer just so he would stop scoring on our AHL team. He was one of the top snipers in the AHL last year, didn't see him as an NHLer but in 18 games he's already at career highs in assists and points while being a +7 on a team full of minus players.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He has taken the 4th line Center spot through hard work and determination. Happy for him.

Reactions: Fixxer

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
WHat i love about his game last night, the man knows he is to be scratched except if he keeps playing lights out, and he goes out and puts up another lights our performance .
Good on him, he deserves to keep playing.
To add to this, i seriously hope we start/continue playing players on their merit and not on their name.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure why all the ragging on this guy he's actually been our most effective center recently.
Skates okay, wins faceoffs,kills penalties and has a nose for the net.

Do we have a ton of guys like this already?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure why all the ragging on this guy he's actually been our most effective center recently.
Skates okay, wins faceoffs,kills penalties and has a nose for the net.

Do we have a ton of guys like this already?

Doesn't matter, you can never have enough bottom liners in a Bergevin regime. :sarcasm:

That said, he's a gamer, he's doing everything he has to do to stay in the lineup. He's on survival mode and he's somehow managed to stave off a sojourn in the stands upon Lehkonen's return.

He managed to dislodge Hudon, "ffs". Now, about that -- I don't know if it says more about our deployment decisions or the player, but just when everybody and their dog was barking at Hudon getting taken out of the lineup in favor of Froese, what does Froese do -- delivers.

Froese (pronounced "fraise", a strawberry) is almost at the point where Sekac was, he's getting nicknames thrown his way. He's no cherry on the cake but he could be Strawbs or Strawby or any other tacky derivation. Count on HF to come with something while his light is shining.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is he a feu de paille or more? Play him while he's hot, we'll find out what he's made of when his line isn't as productive at some point.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I was getting annoyed with how much ice time he's been getting, but gotta give him credit as he's been playing very well lately and working his ass off.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His work ethic was duly noted with the Rocket when they named him captain. Evidently, the guy understands this is the opportunity of a lifetime and is acting accordingly. I hope it continues for him.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Froesw has been useless for 15 games in a row and now hes a hero because he has 2 okay games. Montreal in a nutshell.
At least, Fraise finding tips to do at least the dirty work. It's better than some who are unbeatable in the domain of useless. They probably hide themselves from us when they get their money from the bank :D

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What's interesting is that he's 26 but only got a shot in the NHL 2 years ago. That sounds like someone who's a late bloomer. 7 pts in 19 games as opposed to the 5 pts in 56 games in his first year.

Reactions: Fixxer

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
His work ethic was duly noted with the Rocket when they named him captain. Evidently, the guy understands this is the opportunity of a lifetime and is acting accordingly. I hope it continues for him.

Sadly most often than not it stops once the opportunity of a lifetime has been secured (i.e. the player is getting paid). Been there done that.

Reactions: Runner77

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
They used to play together in the ECHL it seems. I don't know if they won the championship, but I know Froese played a lot of games in the playoffs. I just read that they lost in the Finals... but still a nice experience. ---
Sans titre.png

Byron Froese and Logan Shaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad