Recalled/Assigned: Byron Froese Recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Froese need 14GP (and a one-year extension) to become eligible as one of our unprotected forwards for the expansion draft.

This was probably always going to happen. Allows us to save one of Bozak/Komarov.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Froese need 14GP (and a one-year extension) to become eligible as one of our unprotected forwards for the expansion draft.

This was probably always going to happen. Allows us to save one of Bozak/Komarov.

Smart move when you look at it that way. Albeit Froese is pretty terrible. Trading one/both of those two at the TDL might be better.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
This says to me that Babs wasn't a big fan of having Nylander in the middle.

We'll probably roll with Kadri/Matthews/Froese/Goat now until Smith and Bozak are healthy.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Our organizational centre depth is terrible. Froese literally out last centre under NHL contract. I don't count Laich he's for intents and purposes a LW. We really need to fix that. Stop drafting all wingers and draft centres as it's a lot easier to convert a centre to the wing than the opposite. Centre depth wins cups.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Keep in mind the Leafs are on the road for the next week and a half going to Colorado, Arizona, and then Florida for two sets of back to back games.

They probably want the extra centre depth on the road

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Sigh. Replace a scrub with a scrub.

Funny that you say that as only two days ago I said,

"I'm a little surprised the Goat got called up, he has only played 2 games in the last month, but he didn't play yesterday after playing Saturday. They were probably preparing for the call up. Froese was firing on all cylinders yesterday & has probably been the top centre with the Marlies."

& the day before said

"Funny that Babcock used Froese as a defensive centre last year, but when with the Marlies he has been a scoring stud. 12 goal with 2 this afternoon."

The only player he has scored less than this year is Kapanen (13g vrs 12g) & over his time with the Marlies he has scored at a .82 ppg. Babcock has played him in a defensive role, but he has been one of the better producing Marlies since he signed with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad