Bylsma on Crosby "Sid is not the best player in the world skill-wise"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Hey Disco,

never-was-1.png

This thread could/should have ended with the 2nd post.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Things like this thread are why I wish Sid participated more in skills competitions. He won the shot accuracy last year and I have no doubt he could have challenged in other fields. I'd have liked to see him try the bizarre event they added this year. I think his skill is underrated because of his playing style.

Disclaimer: Yes I still think the ASG is a joke. Dan is a clown. The most skilled player in the game is certainly up for debate.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It cost him a handful of trophies. Not sure it changed the way he approached hockey though.
That's when I noticed him really trending to the perimeter and he started shying away from hunting deflections. I also thought he lost a bit of explosiveness around that time and I wondered if it might have been related to his diet restrictions and muscle loss.

Correlation ≠ causation, but I've always suspected it played a role. Who knows.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I always tought of Sid as a Most Skilled player in NHL. He may not have some of the skills during skill competition, but in a game, in a real time situation no one has handled puck better than Sid, no one.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Danny boy is still mad it seems.

Dan Bylsma is such a bitter guy, for a guy that has been fired twice and isn't even in the NHL as an assistant coach or a scout, it shows how little anyone gives what he says, any value.

I hope he enjoys writing those ridiculous coaching books that no one will ever read anymore.

And you know what, Sid isn't the most skilled player in the NHL, that is true, but he's damn good at enough facets of the game that make him one of the most skilled at the things he does. If we talk about pure skill, I would say it's Malkin, Kane, and guys like that.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I have and he didn’t. Crosby in the lockout year was about as good as ever.

He most certainly did. He began to develop his game around the net immediately after the issues were resolved. He also slowed down his game and became less aggressive. Lethargic Crosby is post-concussion Crosby.

What impresses me most is how he changed his game so dramatically and is still basically a one-man top line. He can play with two mediocre players and still be Top 15 in points. And that's as Lethargic Crosby. When he's Fired-up Crosby, he's unstoppable. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad