Speculation: Buyouts Candidates this summer.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sekera potentially for the Oilers. I personally wouldn’t do it - he was arguably the team’s best defenceman in 16-17, and trying to jump back into top four minutes after ACL surgery and 8 months off didn’t go so well. I’d rather bank on him rebounding.

That said, he was outright terrible when he returned. He was dragging rookies like Bear and sophomores like Benning down.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Sekera potentially for the Oilers. I personally wouldn’t do it - he was arguably the team’s best defenceman in 16-17, and trying to jump back into top four minutes after ACL surgery and 8 months off didn’t go so well. I’d rather bank on him rebounding.

That said, he was outright terrible when he returned. He was dragging rookies like Bear and sophomores like Benning down.

I'd bank on that.

I would not buy him out.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Matt Moulson is definite for the Sabres!

Now will they bite the bullet and this with Zack Bogosian? That’s a tough one but paying him 2/3 might be better since he plays so rarely.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

I agree Edmonton doesn't have any buyout candidates.
It's going to take another 3 years before buying out Lucic looks viable.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
I don't understand why OTT doesn't buyout Ryan

Ryan is still a contributing player. If he was being paid 4 million, he'd have a decent contract. Buying him out gives Ottawa dead salary and cap of 3.6m for 4 years and 1.8m for 4 years after. The team still expects to compete next year, so they'd have to replace his spot with a player worth 4-mill, so they'd still be stuck with paying 7.5m for his spot on the roster regardless.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Matt Moulson is definite for the Sabres!

Now will they bite the bullet and this with Zack Bogosian? That’s a tough one but paying him 2/3 might be better since he plays so rarely.

No, I think he gets at least one more year.

I don't disagree with your premises though...

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Who are some of the guys you can see getting bought out this summer?

I personally wonder if Marcus Kruger Frans Neilson 'nd Jason Spezza will be bought out.

Do you have a list of how many compliance buyouts each team has?

I like your question, just not sure what teams have left on them...

There is a max during the current CBA, n'est pas?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Do you have a list of how many compliance buyouts each team has?

I like your question, just not sure what teams have left on them...

There is a max during the current CBA, n'est pas?

No one has any, those were only for the first off-season (Maybe 2?) of the new cba

You'll have to wait for the next lockout for more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->