Buying a stick online question

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by SuperMario45, Feb 21, 2007.

1. SuperMario45

SuperMario45 Registered User

Hey guys, quick question

Say I want to buy this stick
    http://hockeygiant.com/nbhaplostkbkosr.html

I am right-handed (meaning my right hand is the lower hand on the stick). Now, I buy the version that says 'Right', correct?

I only ask such a ridiculous question because I went to another site (Hockey Depot, I think) and they ship it by the curve of the stick, which is the opposite (righty sticks with lefty curve and vice versa).

So for those who have used hockeygiant to buy a stick, am I going with the righty stick?

thanks!

2. Doctor Hook

Doctor Hook Registered User

Insurance
    Righty to me ALWAYS means right hand is on the bottom of the stick. Maybe you should contact HockeyGiant just to confirm, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

3. The Tikkanen

The Tikkanen Pest

You are correct sir.

4. Whiplash27

Whiplash27 Quattro!!

Yep, righty is right hand at the bottom. When you hold your stick, you hold it out to the right side of your body, therefore righty :).

5. The Old Master

The Old Master Registered User

never buy a stick on line.......there are away too many var. in the same sticks...... check the stiffness, curve, and overall feel of the stick. every stick is a little defrent.

6. shimy1221*

shimy1221* Guest

lol...thats not a weird question at all....i always get mixed up with that...right hand stick USUALLY means the person is left handed..

but i suggest u dont buy the stick online...you should buy it at a store and see if you feel good with it...(curve and everything)

7. sc37

sc37 Registered User

Home Page:
    Well if you know the curve and stuff that you want, go ahead and buy. I do agree with supporting your LHS if the price is about the same. But the thing is, even if you buy from the LHS, you can't really try out the stick anyways at the store, unless your really lucky and your store has some sorta shooting range set up. Heard of it, but never seen it ever. It'll still be buy and try method.