TSN: Button top 50 NHL prospects

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What's the explanation behind Juulsen big drop in production in the WHL ? Must be a good one for him to still make some people's list as one of our best prospect.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Habs can't score and Subban is still putting up points.

Subban is among the elite in terms of offensive defenseman. Juulsen is slotted to be a two way defenseman a la Bieksa. Not that his production is excusable but the guy is not supposed to put up the same amount of points as say a Werenski or Provorov.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Subban is among the elite in terms of offensive defenseman. Juulsen is slotted to be a two way defenseman a la Bieksa. Not that his production is excusable but the guy is not supposed to put up the same amount of points as say a Werenski or Provorov.

Makes sense. Have you had a chance to watch him play this season ?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
No I haven't to be honest :laugh: I'm just summing what I've been reading on him in the other threads.

That's more than what I know. I figured there must be a reason for people to put him in their top 5 still besides the fact he's a new shiny prospect. I was impressed with him in camp. Thought he looked pretty solid.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's good to see Lehkonen get some love.

For reasons unknown to me, this community largely dislikes him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Odd to see him take a shine to Lekhonen and not Reway. He must have fallen in love during his draft year. Ellis over Lernout is just lazy scouting.

Nylander at #1 and Rantanen 16 spots behind seems a bit odd too.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That's more than what I know. I figured there must be a reason for people to put him in their top 5 still besides the fact he's a new shiny prospect. I was impressed with him in camp. Thought he looked pretty solid.

His team leading scorer is 42th in the league.

Juulsen itself is 8th on the team (2nd for D).

Despite being first in their division, they are 20/22 for GF. They are 1st for GA though and Juulsen is surely an important part of that.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
My rankings:

Hudon
Scherbak
McCarron
Juulsen
Vejdemo
Lehkonen
Fucale
de la Rose
Lessio
Evans

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
It's good to see Lehkonen get some love.

For reasons unknown to me, this community largely dislikes him.

Good for Lehkonen :clap:

If Button is right that would be great. Any time a prospect gets noticed is good news in my book. If you go back and look at Button list over the years he is more right than wrong on predicting future NHL players. He might not get the right order but the guys on his list usually turn into good or regular NHL players.

The fact he has Ellis on the list should tell people he's not just pulling a list out of a hat. Ellis has really up his game this year, so he should be getting some love imo

What ever people say about Button, for me he's got balls :laugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Reway is still my favourite prospect. He's our best legit chance at a top flight offensive player, IMO.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Reway is still my favourite prospect. He's our best legit chance at a top flight offensive player, IMO.

You like smaller players right? Can I ask why? Is it their style of play?

Seriously imho some Western teams look big and sluggish

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Button has been a bad head scout and terrible GM. He also taught Gainey how to become a terrible GM in Dallas.

Bet he was Gainey's advisor when he traded McD for Gomez

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
My rankings:

Hudon
Scherbak
McCarron
Juulsen
Vejdemo
Lehkonen
Fucale
de la Rose
Lessio
Evans

I hope Hudon is not our #1 prospect. And where is Reway?

Button's list us odd, but so is the one i quoted. I get tge feeling that the one i quoted is "who is closest to tge NHL", while Buiton's is "who will have the most NHL success".

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You like smaller players right? Can I ask why? Is it their style of play?

Seriously imho some Western teams look big and sluggish
No. I like many types of players, lol. I just think Reway is far and away our most talented prospect. Whether that translates to the NHL or not is another story.

I'm a huge Greg Pateryn fan and he's not tiny by any means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->