TSN: Button top 50 NHL prospects

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
What a terrible list. In what world is Big Mac not a top 50 prospect in the league?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Ellis will be 24 soon. He's not a prospect anymore. He might become a late bloomer in the next seasons but he's not a prospect anymore.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
What a terrible list. In what world is Big Mac not a top 50 prospect in the league?
Actually, not many people consider him to have potential to be a 1st liner. 2nd liner would be a huge success for him, 3rd liner is probably where he projects in the NHL.

THAT SAID, if/when he gets there he will definitely fill a huge void on our roster and will be super important to our success.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Actually, not many people consider him to have potential to be a 1st liner. 2nd liner would be a huge success for him, 3rd liner is probably where he projects in the NHL.

THAT SAID, if/when he gets there he will definitely fill a huge void on our roster and will be super important to our success.

That isn't to suggest that people wouldn't value him as a top prospect; a lot of people project him as a 40pt second/third line tweener than can be inserted throughout the line up. With his size and defensive skillset that isn't anything insignificant.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Lehkonen
Juulsen
Ellis
McCarron
Scherbak

Lehkonen is most likely to make the Habs because he's the smallest. ;)

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Little bit of hate towards the Devils. No Zacha or Blackwood is absolutely insane. might be a little bit of a stretch to say Santini
Also, where is Nick Ritchie

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Ellis as in Morgan Ellis? Isn't he a bust at this point?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ellis will be 24 soon. He's not a prospect anymore. He might become a late bloomer in the next seasons but he's not a prospect anymore.

I'd say he's still a prospect, if I were ranking them he'd be on my list likely in the top 15.

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.436669

Lehkonen is habs top prospect and ranked 34th league wide.

Lehkonen
Juulsen
Ellis
McCarron
Scherbak

are his picks for our top prospects in that order.

And I thought Pronman's list was crazy, holy cow that's nutty. No Hudon in the top 5? McCarron has slowed down from his hot start but still not sure why he's not higher. Reway and Lekhonen imo should be close to each other imo, as one is more skilled and the other's game is more suited for the NHL.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
And I thought Pronman's list was crazy, holy cow that's nutty. No Hudon in the top 5? McCarron has slowed down from his hot start but still not sure why he's not higher. Reway and Lekhonen imo should be close to each other imo, as one is more skilled and the other's game is more suited for the NHL.

Link to Pronman's list?

Apparently all I find is a member only link.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011

All I can think of is that he realizes that Lefebvre does not know how to develop forwards.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Rantanen is having a more impressive season than Nylander and is younger but he's 17 spots lower lol.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Button is a buffoon.

I'd take any list he makes with a grain of salt. He's not any more knowledgable than the average HF poster, IMO.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I stopped perusing the list after William Nylander. :nod:

Why ? He's an incredible prospect, I wish we had him... as much as TSN is Maple Leafs biased, not reconizing how great Nylander is... looks a lot like Habs bias...

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Why ? He's an incredible prospect, I wish we had him... as much as TSN is Maple Leafs biased, not reconizing how great Nylander is... looks a lot like Habs bias...
I think it's because he's ranked first. (I personally have no idea about all these prospects except for what some guys on HF say).

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
IMO :

Hudon
McCarron
Juulsen
Lehkonen
Fucale
Lernout
De La Rose
Grégoire