Butch's top 150 Prospect List

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Gaudette at 61 is a joke hes gotta be at MINIMUM 45 spots higher :facepalm:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I’d assume he was counted as graduated, and no longer a prospect. He’s spent the whole year in the NHL
Hasn’t he played less games than Puljujarvi in nhl?

Guess it makes sense , especially since Pld is looking like a first line center in Nhl, and Jessie is looking like a dud :D

Last edited:

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
What has Robert Thomas done that Morgan Frost hasn't? Does in just come down to his play in the WJC?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Like all the other Wings' fans have said:

It's weird that you had Hronek at #86 last year.
Then, this year, he moves up to the AHL where he leads team defensemen in points (17 in 34 games) and the team in +/- (+12, next closest +8)
And he falls completely off your list while he just shot up to #1 on the mid-season rankings on the wings' board

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
You have Dahlen at 89 and 81. Not sure if somebody else has said something or not.

I'll echo the Dermott is a better prospect than Nielsen. I agree Nielsen has the tools as you said (this is why Leaf fans loved him), but it's becoming evident that his skating and hockey IQ will be huge obstacles for him to overcome and that's why Leaf fans are souring on him. Totally understand your opinion though and you are spot on for Neilsen's strengths/weaknesses. Leaf fans are just more worried about his weaknesses than excited about his strengths.

Moving on because it's been mentioned before, you put a lot of effort into the list and it's easily better than what I couldve done. I dont agree with Makar as #1, but the list looks pretty solid overall.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
you think he's a top 20 prospect????
He'd be at least close to top 20, on my list. Looking beyond draft pedigree, he's leading the NCAA in scoring and plays a gritty, physical two-way game to go along with his constantly improving offensive game. He may not have the ceiling of a lot of the players ahead of him on this list but, IMO, has a much higher floor. Now that he's worked on his footspeed and skating, I see him as a high-end #2 center.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He'd be at least close to top 20, on my list. Looking beyond draft pedigree, he's leading the NCAA in scoring and plays a gritty, physical two-way game to go along with his constantly improving offensive game. He may not have the ceiling of a lot of the players ahead of him on this list but, IMO, has a much higher floor. Now that he's worked on his footspeed and skating, I see him as a high-end #2 center.

I don't think you'll find too many to agree he'd be top 50 even.

ResignCraigAdams

Mar 15, 2017
Geez, reading the comments and knitpicking reminds me of one of the main reasons why I would never post my personal rankings (another reason would be having never seen any of these prospects play a game, but I digress).

Interesting read, thanks for posting.

You could play in the league for 20 years and watch every one of these prospects play........yet people will still think your opinion is trash on here.

But props to this guy. English isn't his first language but I think he did a great job.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Yohann

Jan 31, 2018
Nice list / Tres bonne liste!

in a fantasy keepers league ( were only points producer matters)
wich players of this list would you go 1-2-3/ Dans un pool a vie, ou seul les points son important , tu y vas avec lequels de ces joueurs???

- Kale clague
- Kristian Vesalainen
- Morgan Frost
- Kole Lind
- Aleski Heponiemi ( size??)
- Klim Kostin
- Henri Jokiharju

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Looking back at this list, the rankings get more and more ridiculous as time has gone on. Aho, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Zadina, Thomas and many others ranked way too low, I think even relative to what was known when the article was originally written. But now, it's completely turned upside down. Puljujarvi, Connor, Jost, Mit, Strome, Fox, Juolevi etc... all way too high. Lol , Sebastian Aho near the bottom. Even a year ago that seems ridiculous.

Think it shows just how fickle and impossible long term prospect rankings are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad