Butch List 115

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
How close was Ryan Graves to making your list?

Graves probably go in top 200 . Very improve her skating and is defensive game since he play in Q .

But , 80-115 player is just few names that i love her games . This name may very well be interchangeable with other prospect . I'm alone so I can not see everybody 100 times, so maybe it's prospect I saw more often than I hung, and those who are not the opposite

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Tufte but no Laberge? Hmm

I play against Laberge ,he has no default, but no quality either . Lack of upside for me , but he could turn into a nice buttom 6 foward .

Why i put Tufte in my rank , that is a big guys and big guys take more longer to develop . Remember first years of McCaron after draft he was terrible and now he look like a good third center .

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc

Considering her graduate . I never fall in love with , but he have asset to be a good complement of two good player on top 6 line . Can shoot and pass puck . He will never drive a line , but in role to be a complement , is a perfect fit

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Solid list... though I think the Flyers on it are all over the place!

You have it as:

#1: Myers
#2: Sanheim
#3: Vorobyov
#4: Rubtsov
#5: Hart
#6: Hägg
#7: Morin

Whereas the consensus on Flyers board is probably:

#1: Sanheim
#2: Myers
#3: Lindblom/Rubtsov
#4: Rubtsov/Lindblom
#5: Morin
#6: Stolarz/Hart/Sandström
#7: Stolarz/Hart/Sandström

Vorobyov is generally ~9-10th and Hägg usually lucky to make our top 10.

You may have been fairer than me in your ranking . You see them more and probably focused more your attention on your prospect .

For Myers first , i think he is the big deal . I see him play like 30 team and at every game i'm surprise by a big guys skating so well and so imply in attack . Remember me Colton Parayko .

Sanheim are same quality of prospect and more ready for NHL . Booth will have a impact offensvely on top pairing .

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
You may have been fairer than me in your ranking . You see them more and probably focused more your attention on your prospect .

For Myers first , i think he is the big deal . I see him play like 30 team and at every game i'm surprise by a big guys skating so well and so imply in attack . Remember me Colton Parayko .

Sanheim are same quality of prospect and more ready for NHL . Booth will have a impact offensvely on top pairing .

Yeh, I think most of us Flyers fans see the same with Sanheim and Myers... both have similar upside (though maybe Sanheim has more offense in the tank) but Sanheim is closerto NHL, therefore higher on our lists.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Yeh, I think most of us Flyers fans see the same with Sanheim and Myers... both have similar upside (though maybe Sanheim has more offense in the tank) but Sanheim is closerto NHL, therefore higher on our lists.

Sanheim is better offensively ln offensive zone , best shot and best more intelligent

But , Myers is really better in breakout . He beats F1 always , sometime F2 and create so space for forwards in Rush . He controlling game , so patient and always try to do something .

Sanheim will have more point , better in PP too . But i like more a D can move puck or beat F1/F2 with his speed

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
How about Meloche and JC Beaudin. Underrated players. Do you consider Bigras graduated?

I play against Meloche and Beaudin . I see a lot of these two

Beaudin is very close to the top 115 . Very versatile player , with some grit in his play . Don't expect a top 9 but in long term he could be turn into a nice fourth liner , bring momentum to a team and can also score and pass , good hockey IQ

Meloche is very inconstant . Some game he play very well , skate fast , transport puck and play physical . Some night he turn soft and make so much turnover .

He had a good tools . Size , skating , shoot , but i'm pensive about is chance too bet a NHLers . To be continued

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
I really appreciate things like this.

Interesting that you have William Lockwood (111) ranked but have not ranked Adam Gaudette, Thatcher Demko, or Guillaume Brisebois. All three of those players are consistently ranked higher up the Canucks depth chart than Lockwood.

Speaking of Lockwood, I find him to be a really intriguing prospect. Tough to judge his ceiling but he's a really fun player to watch. Lot's of energy.

No mention of Virtanen could be expected. A lot of people have given up on him and signed him off. Still hoping Travis Green chisels him into something beneficial for the organization.

Error with Demko , he will be there juste forget him . I heard good things about Gaudette , but i just saw him play 1 times . I will try to watch him soon .

For playing against Brisebois , he is a very very good skater (maybe me i'm too slow??) But I find that it is not always well positioned . Sometime he is very smart with puck and sometime we can say WHAT HE'S DOING???

Lockwood are so dynamic!! Soul player . Just fall in love with him , but is a long shot .

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I play against Meloche and Beaudin . I see a lot of these two

Beaudin is very close to the top 115 . Very versatile player , with some grit in his play . Don't expect a top 9 but in long term he could be turn into a nice fourth liner , bring momentum to a team and can also score and pass , good hockey IQ

Meloche is very inconstant . Some game he play very well , skate fast , transport puck and play physical . Some night he turn soft and make so much turnover .

He had a good tools . Size , skating , shoot , but i'm pensive about is chance too bet a NHLers . To be continued

Appreciate the reply, thanks

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Im kind of confused how you have Mcavoy #3, but his WJC d partner in Jones not on your list. Watching them play together in the tournament, I don't see how there is that big of a gap inbetween them prospect ranking wise

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Kunin I'm not sure about, but Barzal is a player who will invite controversy. When I first saw him I thought he was really, really good. Then I started to see the flaws in his game. He has talent, but I don't know if the talent he has will transfer to the NHL. He doesn't seem to have a clock that goes off in his head when he has held onto the puck too long. Don't know if he is this way in junior?

Kunin has a simple game. Get puck, get in position, fire puck. What surprises me is that he plays with an edge, but a sensible one. Still not convinced about his skating.

Barzal looks good if one sees him once, or watches casually. He needs the puck too much, but isn't talented or unique enough to be the guy one wants as a primary puck carrier. Brandon Jennings syndrome basically. Probably the biggest red flag for skill players especially without elite production.

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Im kind of confused how you have Mcavoy #3, but his WJC d partner in Jones not on your list. Watching them play together in the tournament, I don't see how there is that big of a gap inbetween them prospect ranking wise

Another mistake , just don't see 3-4 player in late rounds . Jones are in my top 50

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Graves probably go in top 200 . Very improve her skating and is defensive game since he play in Q .

But , 80-115 player is just few names that i love her games . This name may very well be interchangeable with other prospect . I'm alone so I can not see everybody 100 times, so maybe it's prospect I saw more often than I hung, and those who are not the opposite

I appreciate you making this list. Not critiquing you at all.

I prefer Graves to Skjei among young Rangers LHD defenseman. Graves has more hockey talent. Big shot, good hockey IQ, good passer of the puck, good skater, built like a truck at 6'4 230. He has to work on his defense. He's a step slow making defensive decisions, but I think he's close to being NHL ready, and I think he will probably be a middle pairing defenseman.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs best prospect after Kapanen is Andrew Nielsen (maybe he is 3rd to Grundstrom). Personally, I'd switch him from Bracco.

In my mind Neilsen is second to no player in the leafs prospect pool. His omission from this list is probably just lack of knowing who he is.

Second in rookie D scoring in the AHL. 6"3 215lbs dont grow on trees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad