Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I am getting sick of Butch overusing the term toy department. It does not make sense in this day, the days of the stand alone department store with the toy department on another floor are over (A & S, TSS, Sterns, Mays...) It is annoying and he has been more annoying than ever.

Reactions: Sparksrus3

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I am getting sick of Butch overusing the term toy department. It does not make sense in this day, the days of the stand alone department store with the toy department on another floor are over (A & S, TSS, Sterns, Mays...) It is annoying and he has been more annoying than ever.
Toys R Us Must Go!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Refer to Sparkys post in the cliche' thread for this and many more Butchie annoying cliches

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Saw that... it reminded me of the horror of Butch LOL... next time he says toy department he should be required to shove an adult toy where the sun don't shine

And take away his tooth whitening pencil. He looks like Ross in that Friends episode from way back when

Reactions: majormet

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
It is disgraceful to see that on such an old timer... when we had to carry him out of Dr G's as a player, he had no teeth and long Syndergaard hair

The only real move to satisfy many unhappy fans is to but Butchie back behind the bench. He paid his dues. Not like the guy who thinks he is above gaining experience . He does have great hockey knowledge of the game . Just he comes across as a tenth grade dropout as an announcer . He can shine shine shine those pearly whites behind the bench. Bring Larry Robinson in to run the D

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Butch: "Seabass.."

Brenden: *deviously starts laughing*

Butch: "is that because he looks like a seabass"

Brenden: *still laughing* "No....... it is not"

Butch in reference to the sebastian ahos... went on longer after that. The entire thing was f***ing hilarious. right at the end of the first period

Reactions: islesmb

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He called 36 year old Patrick Sharp( 1 year $800,000 contract ) long in the tooth. He has similar gp,g,a,points as Ladd this season. How many years and $$$ do we owe Ladd ? Sharp seems to hustle pretty good out there . Ladd not so much .Maybe it's Butch who's long in the false tooth .

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He called 36 year old Patrick Sharp( 1 year $800,000 contract ) long in the tooth. He has similar gp,g,a,points as Ladd this season. How many years and $$$ do we owe Ladd ? Sharp seems to hustle pretty good out there . Ladd not so much .Maybe it's Butch who's long in the false tooth .

Long in the tooth just means old, and Sharp is 4 years older than Ladd.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise

A lot of colloquialisms are anachronistic. It's part of the charm of it. I agree he overuses it, but it's mostly because he just says the same thing over and over again in general ("makes no mistake", "dirty areas", etc.), not because of the current state of the toy section in department stores.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
A lot of colloquialisms are anachronistic. It's part of the charm of it. I agree he overuses it, but it's mostly because he just says the same thing over and over again in general ("makes no mistake", "dirty areas", etc.), not because of the current state of the toy section in department stores.

Well if you put it that way, it is overexacerbation

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Did Butch teach you that word?

Yes it would be two words LOL, And using toy department is not anachronistic, I think that would apply to an object or event that is used in the past that did not exist in the past, such as watching an episode of the Brady Bunch and Marcia is talking on an Iphone.

Maybe when we had to carry him out of Dr Generosity's at 2AM on a Tuesday night, but it was probably more like Iron Butterfly when they turned In the Garden of Eden to jibberish

Remember when Bobby Nystrom did the radio games, he might have said "no question about it" every 6th phrase,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad