Butch-isms Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Butchie also said something along the lines that Eberle would want the Islanders to regret trading him (he obviously meant the oilers).

And yes, I was cracking up at Leon Draiszel. So cringeworthy and hilarious at the same time.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
After the Dallas goal by Elie. "That's E L I E
I guess the E doesn't stand for anything.."

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Anyone hear him start to call Andrew Ladd "Andrew Jackson", then caught himself after "Jack". The first Canes game.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
I checked the gdt and didn’t see anything but did anyone else hear him say “he’s the second coming of sliced bread”?

Reactions: Eberzal

WagnerGrad96

Mar 30, 2016
West Islip, New York
This is not really a "Butch-ism," but can someone tell me what "gap control" means. I never really played hockey - except for the Splish Splash deck hockey team in the 90's, which doesn't really count!

I've never heard the term "gap control" other than from Butch.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
This is not really a "Butch-ism," but can someone tell me what "gap control" means. I never really played hockey - except for the Splish Splash deck hockey team in the 90's, which doesn't really count!

I've never heard the term "gap control" other than from Butch.

The space between the defenseman and the forward as the forward is coming through the neautral zone and making a zone entry. Too much of a gap and you give them too much space to work. Too little of a gap and you get burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad