Burke on the radio in Los Angeles re: Helene Elliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Flyguy_1ca said:
actually, McCown said that he almost called the perimedics to "remove the pickle from her butt" :biglaugh:

Listening to McCown trying to understand the 20% individual player cap was simply painful, and he was giving attitude for not getting it, after she explained three times that it was 20% of the team cap.

Simple concept.

How bright is it in that control room that he needs sunglasses?

Phelan

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Cup4Wings said:
I'm sure I would be saying "uh" every other word if I was on the air as well. Lets not be so critical on people we know nothing about, eh?

Ok, I won't. I guess "uh" is still better than "like", eh?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
There's lots of radio call-in promos that ask the caller to speak for a bit on a subject without using anything like "um" or "uh". I remember the last time I heard it, they asked if the caller was ready, he said yep, they started the clock, first words out of his mouth were "okay, um...".

And he was told beforehand and was prepared...

:D

janinepilkington

Apr 22, 2005
Massachusetts
I think way more was made of this than necessary-the article didn't say a deal was done-only that a large part has been worked out and that a deal is near. Helene Elliot has her stuff together and she's been in the business a long time. She is, btw, being awarded for her hockey writing during the HOF induction weekend this year.
We know that neither the NHL or NHLPA is going to admit to anything on record until a deal is officially announced-how bad would it look if god forbid they did, then something went wrong and the entire thing blew up. Most likely that would never happen, but they can't afford anymore bad press right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad