Burke drafting Bobby Ryan

Randall Graves*

i've said it for a while now... i think Bobby Ryan will be Burke's biggest boneheader during his time with the Ducks. i have a sneaky suspicion that this kid is going to bust.
Based on what? He has proven for two years he can play at a high level in the OHL the only problem has been him wearing down. His skating problems are correctable, his skills with the puck are phenomenal it's the other areas that need to develop. Sometimes it's easy to get impatient seeing others from his draft class close to breaking in, but each guy chosen after him has his own question marks.

Randall Graves*

the bertuzzi comparison is a bad one. He may have the build of a power foward, but he is not. More like a viktor kozlov.

I think he'll be a good 2nd liner, but he lacks the fiery competitive drive. I gathered this after watching him in the OHL playoffs. I remember in the deciding game in the OS - London series, he showed almost no desperation. He is the best player on his team, and he was floating in the 3rd period with his team down a couple goals. Not what I would expect to see from someone drafted #2 behind crosby. . .
That'll happen to a guy playing in his 123rd game of the year whos' leg strength isn't the greatest, his upper body strength to me appears to be very good though.

Transported Upstater

The question had to do with whether Burke knew JJ would be staying in college for four years, which could make him a wasted pick if he doesn't sign within the required time period and he becomes a free agent ... but keep laughing :dunce:

If you honestly think Jack Johnson will be in school for 4 years, I have a pink elephant to sell you. And the chances of JJ re-entering the draft...let's just say they are NOT VERY GOOD.

Jack Johnson is worth waiting for. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad