Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky 2 years $6M

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
So you would rather us not be a playoff team because then we would maybe be a strong playoff team down the road? But then we would be a strong playoff team in the future which would hurt our future-future plans?!?!? Man what to do......

At this point my fear is the team fighting for the #3-5 spot late in the season and not trading Carlson thinking "We are going to make a push". They already made steps to lock in a core that will never get it done. The team will never be more talented then it was the last two seasons. If OV or Nick was going to put this team on there back it would have happened already five years ago.

The last thing I want is a 6x7.5 contract for Carlson. And save the what is our other option line. We all wanted Carlson and Alzner to be the top pair for 10+ seasons. And Alzner broke down and Carlson just never took the steps to the next level.

Let just except it and move on. Dont make the future even worse then it already is so they can get bounced in the second round again.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Until Buffalo moves Lehner (which is now more of an if than when), they're full up. Lehner and Johnson in the NHL, Ullmark in the AHL.

Not many teams with vacancies out there. San Jose may want a back-up, but given how much they invested in Martin Jones I assume they'd want a cheaper true back-up than a 1B like Grubauer. New Jersey could potentially be interested if they don't see Kinkaid as part of their long-term plans, but pardon me if I'm not too eager to trade with Jersey again.

At this point I'd wait until either someone's goalie gets hurt and they want a replacement or for next off-season. Ottawa only has a year remaining on Anderson's contract, and Condon probably isn't a long term solution as 1G. Halak is set to expire after this year as well, so maybe the Islanders depending on how Greiss does. Granted, guys like Mrazek will also be out there as competition for them moving Grubauer.

What about Vancouver?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad