28. Stars - Ryan Stoa
29. Panthers - Scott Jackson
30. Bolts - Andrew Cogliano

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I don't think Bourret will drop to 22.

I don't think Ottawa will take Price. That is just a bunch of smoke. I think they could go with Skille, Bourret, or a defenseman such as Staal, Bourdon or Parent or even trade for a mid range pick and acquire a 2nd rounder and then take Latendresse or Lashoff.

I don't think Columbus will take a center. I think they'll trade with Vancouver and take Staal.

But, thats just my opinion.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I love this mock draft. If Bourrett falls to 22 I would be enthused beyond belief.

KariyaIsGod*

Hypothetically, if the Sens don't take Price, why wouldn't the Canucks grab him?

They lack an elite goaltending prospect, it seems like a good fit.

Towelie*

DrMoses said:
Hypothetically, if the Sens don't take Price, why wouldn't the Canucks grab him?

Maybe because we drafed G.Cory Schneider in the first round last year. Schneider had an excellent year at BC too.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
DrMoses said:

Why would the Canucks draft Price in the first round the year after drafting Schneider in the first round. It would make no sense. Also, Price is not a whole lot better then Schneider. The Canucks also have the best goalie in the QMJHL, Julien Ellis as well as Alex Auld. They wouldn't take another goalie for about 2 years. They also won't select Marc Staal. They will choose a forward, most likely Jack Skille.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
TheCoach said:
I don't think Bourret will drop to 22.

I don't think Ottawa will take Price. That is just a bunch of smoke. I think they could go with Skille, Bourret, or a defenseman such as Staal, Bourdon or Parent or even trade for a mid range pick and acquire a 2nd rounder and then take Latendresse or Lashoff.

I don't think Columbus will take a center. I think they'll trade with Vancouver and take Staal.

But, thats just my opinion.
that could be possible, but i doubt it. we need a top center bad. i will go crazy if we get kopitar.

btw, who is the chick in the avotar :bow:

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
RDriesen16 said:
that could be possible, but i doubt it. we need a top center bad. i will go crazy if we get kopitar.

btw, who is the chick in the avotar :bow:

Rachel Bilson. She is fine :amazed:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
TheCoach said:
Rachel Bilson. She is fine :amazed:
yes she is. i couldnt quite figure out who it was, but now i see it. maybe im alone, but shows like hers are great. though i might not be able to tell you much about the show itself :D

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Rather have Brule than Ryan...question on skatings makes me worried. Minnesota plays a transitional game, really fast...

gameface

May 30, 2004
Maple Ridge, BC
TheCoach said:
Trade? What did you have in mind? Is this part of the proposed Sopel trade on the Canucks board?

I'd be quite happy with the Canucks taking Staal or Skille.

Like the others, I don't see Bourret falling that far.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Can't see Anaheim pick Pouliot, at all. They desperately need Johnson, and Burke's known for coveting those defensemen types. Besides, if they passed up Johnson, I think they'd like Bobby Ryan, a power forward, a bit better.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Vincent_TheGreat said:
I haven't seen 1 mock draft where I like the Leafs pick, NO freaking way to I want setoguchi!

whats your beef with Setoguchi and Im a leaf fan Im hoping he gets drafted. He is one of the best goal scorer in the draft, he gets bad rep due to his inconsistent but I think, he'll get over that.

hatedkidatskool*

Ive been looking at mock drafts all over and this is the first one that I actually like. My St. Louis Blues get a great defenseman in Matt Lashoff. Nice job!

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
BuppY said:
whats your beef with Setoguchi and Im a leaf fan Im hoping he gets drafted. He is one of the best goal scorer in the draft, he gets bad rep due to his inconsistent but I think, he'll get over that.

Thats exactly my problem, his inconsistency. A lot of players are inconsistent at that age, but he is terribly inconsistent.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Rather have Brule than Ryan...question on skatings makes me worried. Minnesota plays a transitional game, really fast...

People said the samething about Rick Nash before he was drafted, I haven't seen him lose a race to the puck yet. A player can have all the speed in the world but not the drive to get to the puck so it doesn't matter. Speed is one of the more easily coachable aspect, that's why Ryan is a prospect, every player has something that needs to impove, better to be something like skating rather than heart or hockey sense.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
HockeyMan9 said:
People said the samething about Rick Nash before he was drafted, I haven't seen him lose a race to the puck yet. A player can have all the speed in the world but not the drive to get to the puck so it doesn't matter. Speed is one of the more easily coachable aspect, that's why Ryan is a prospect, every player has something that needs to impove, better to be something like skating rather than heart or hockey sense.

I agree with u. :D

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Please NO to Brule to Montreal ..

They really need to go off the board and take Sergei Kostitsyn, W, Gomel (Belarus); with that 5th pick ..

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
HockeyMan9 said:

I think skating concerns are very overrated. Eric Daze is a great LW, but a knock on him was his skating style. Like you mentioned, Nash also had concerns. And while we won't be able to see how these guys do for a while, but some of the bigger knocks on Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry were their skating, and now both are considered to be as high as top 20 prospects.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just out of curiosity... I've seen a couple mock drafts in which the Kings take Bourdon. Is there an idea that the Kings need a defenseman, or what?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I dont see how Sutter would go with a midget or a college kid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->