GDT: Bulldogs @ Wolves - on TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How did people progress to (double LOL at the underlined):

The dumbest possible thing we could conclude right now is that since Beaulieu's point pace thus far is statistically equivalent to Subban's at this stage, we should feel free to trade Subban as we now have Beaulieu.

That argument is truly dim. I think we can expect to hear it on L'Antichambre in the near-future.

From my comment on Beaulieu's AHL struggles past and future being perfectly normal...

Beaulieu now 7 points in last 8 games. 8 points in 21 games total. PK Subban in comparison had 6 points in his first 17 AHL games. When you add in lockout competition and Beaulieu being a late born player, he's going through normal AHL progression. Struggles from before and in future this season are all normal.

I merely suggested that his low point totals from earlier in the season is normal using Subban's low point totals at first as an example of progression.

How this progressed to "we could conclude right now is that since Beaulieu's point pace thus far is statistically equivalent to Subban's at this stage, we should feel free to trade Subban as we now have Beaulieu" I will never know. :laugh:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
On one hand Beaulieu-Subban comparisons are easy because both were drafted as puck moving defensemen who are physical but need to work on their defensive decision making.

After that...for one thing, Subban played for a better AHL team (with a much better coach), allowing him to really focus on his defensive game and let the offensive side just come to him.

But besides that, it was extreme impressive how quickly Subban became comfortable at both ends at the AHL level. He does seem naturally better at some parts of the defensive game than Bealieu, Subban is a complete monster at winning back pucks.

Beaulieu won't progress that quickly and that's only fair, Subban spoiled a lot of people...like poetryinmotion said, Beaulieu is a naturally gifted PP QB (As exciting as Subban is with the puck..Beaulieu is just so smooth) and will probably be better at that than Subban but not as good at 5 on 5 play, but that doesn't make Nathan destined to only be a one way player.

Personally I'll be disappointed if Beaulieu is the second coming of Campoli, a third pairing puck mover. It's possible, it's also possible he becomes as good as Subban. Realistically he projects into a middle pairing guy who plays on the first wave of the PP. But it's too early to tell, defenders are funny like that. Think about Hamrlik - he came into the league as a flashy, high scoring offesive player who was terrible in his own end, in the middle of his career he reinvented himself as a steady two way player.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Hamrlik wasn't playing for Tampa Bay anymore when he matured as an NHL player though. Here's to Beaulieu playing for the Habs for a long while and developping with the Habs instead of being traded prematurely.

Analyzer*

Hamrlik wasn't playing for Tampa Bay anymore when he matured as an NHL player though. Here's to Beaulieu playing for the Habs for a long while and developping with the Habs instead of being traded prematurely.

Hamrlik didn't really mature into a 2 way guy until his Islanders days. Before that he was pretty good offensively but horrendous defensively. It made it look worse because the teams sucked too.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Hamrlik didn't really mature into a 2 way guy until his Islanders days. Before that he was pretty good offensively but horrendous defensively. It made it look worse because the teams sucked too.

Yep, I think the Flames really got Hamrlik's best year both as a first pairing defenseman and a good mentor for Phaneuf. The Habs did pretty well too. Also, we wouldn't have picked 3rd last year IMO if we'd resigned him.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Well a lot of that was because the Tampa team he played for suck. The Habs, for all their problems, have a good track record for getting talented defenders to play defense.

But it was also down to the man himself to reinvent himself as his speed started to go; in Tampa he was pretty much the stereotypical all flashy offense and hits defensemen, if I remember correctly people already assumed he was on the decline by the time he arrived at the Islanders.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Forget about the future. Pretty sure Gaston Therrien said a gazillion times already on RDS that Subban is exchange-able because of Beaulieu in the past. :shakehead

Gaston Therrien is the biggest idiot there is, he also said we should trade the 3rd overall pick for Jordan Staal...:shakehead

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

I'm glad we have Mike Commodore it will help having a veteran with alot of NHL experience with all our young bucks. Holland's hands are sick.

Myron Gaines*

Gaston Therrien is the biggest idiot there is, he also said we should trade the 3rd overall pick for Jordan Staal...:shakehead

It's no better than fans wanting to trade Subban or Markov simply because Markov was back from injury. It's like we can't have too much of a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->