OT: PWHL Thread - Draft at 1pm Monday 9/18

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Is Emily Pfalzer gonna rejoin the team for the playoffs?

She will not. The only prior NWHL player from the USWNT to sign with a club is Hilary Knight, who today announced that she signed with Les Canadiennes of the CWHL.

Heading to my first beauts game the 17th. Are these games fun? How’s the crowd?

You're in for a ride. The game is a blast - the crowd is awesome - and I hope you stop by my office on the south side of the press box next Saturday!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Buffalo Beauts‏ @BuffaloBeauts -
Game On! #DefendTheCrown #BUFvsCTW

@CTWhale_NWHL on the board first. 1-0 Whale.
The @CTWhale_NWHL appear to score, but Kelly Babstock takes out Leveille in the crease.
Goalie interference is the call - NO GOAL!

1f6a8.png
1f6a8.png
WELCOME TO THE BEAUTS! Jordan Juron nets her first career goal! We’re up 2-1!

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Buffalo's gold medalist Emily Pfalzer will be recognized by both the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Beauts as part of their games on Saturday.

She'll join the GMC Game Night pregame show on Saturday for a special interview and then take part in a ceremonial faceoff prior to the Sabres' 1:00 pm game against the Blackhawks at KeyBank Center.

Then, she'll sign autographs for Beauts fans from 4:45 pm to 5:15 pm on Level 7 at HarborCenter as well as conduct the ceremonial opening faceoff prior to the Beauts' 5:30 pm semifinal playoff game against the Boston Pride.

And to cap off the weekend, Pfalzer will march in Buffalo's 78th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade with Mayor Byron Brown on Sunday.

A Getzville native and Nichols alumna, Pfalzer won the women's hockey gold medal with Team USA at the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics. She was the captain of the Buffalo Beauts in the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 seasons, leading the team to the 2017 Isobel Cup championship.

Article -
Sharpen Up: March 15, 2018 - Buffalo Sabres Website

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I’m surprised at the amount of locals who whine and complain about the Sabres not putting a good product on the ice around here, don’t shell out a few bucks to go see some damn good hockey when the Beauts play.

All the locals that post here. You want to see good hockey? Then go down today.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I’m surprised at the amount of locals who whine and complain about the Sabres not putting a good product on the ice around here, don’t shell out a few bucks to go see some damn good hockey when the Beauts play.

All the locals that post here. You want to see good hockey? Then go down today.

This. Just got back from my first CWHL playoff game since moving up here. The atmosphere was great, the pace was great, emotions were high, it all ended in overtime on a gorgeous half-break, no commercial timeouts, and sure, I can tell how far off they are from the NHL, but when you're watching well-coached, evenly matched teams, there's no internal monologue going "eh, that slapshot only traveled at XX mph," or, "gosh, I bet a 6'3" goalie would've had those corners covered."

It's just fun. Like college football is more fun than the NFL. Plus, no video review. Even the contact rules I'm frankly fond of, because you still see plenty of collision, it's just always relevant to playing the puck.

Plus you know that these players aren't going to retire to a mansion in Russia to never mingle with or work like a commoner again. It's fun rooting for people who have the dedication and commitment to do this while living normal lives, who you might see around town in some context other than buying out the bar or doing team-sponsored charity visits.

Buffalo's the defending champs on a ridiculous winning streak, they should really hoist these girls on their shoulders and embrace them.

Last edited:

rtfirefly

Nov 13, 2013
She will not. The only prior NWHL player from the USWNT to sign with a club is Hilary Knight, who today announced that she signed with Les Canadiennes of the CWHL.

Does anyone know why she didn't return to the Beauts, and if she plans to continue playing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad