Value of: Buffalo and Ottawa

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
We would need to send more money back with Eichel's contract kicking in....

ROR
Okposo (20% retained)
2018 2nd

for

Karlsson :)
Ryan

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We would need to send more money back with Eichel's contract kicking in....

ROR
Okposo (20% retained)
2018 2nd

for

Karlsson :)
Ryan

Jokes aside (Karlsson) is the money a budget thing or cap hit thing?
Because if it is a cap hit thing, if the trade was made after July 1st and ROR's bonus is picked up by Buffalo I am sure Ottawa could take Matt Moulson back and up the value or number of prospects going back.

Colin White, Logan Brown are not likely to be moved and Chabot is in the same boat.

That being said, Ottawa still has a plethora of young talent in the pipeline.
Andreas Englund is a stay at home D with size and work ethic. Former U20 World Junior Captain.
Alex Formenton might have seen his handy work in the World Junior this year.
Nick Paul, Chris Driedger, Christian Jaros, Ville Pokka, etc.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Ryan O'Reilly won't be traded for anything less than a top pairing defenseman or someone with that potential. If your asking them to take on that Bobby Ryan deal as well it will only increase the price. I don't see a fit without Karlsson being included.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Because if it is a cap hit thing, if the trade was made after July 1st and ROR's bonus is picked up by Buffalo I am sure Ottawa could take Matt Moulson back and up the value or number of prospects going back.

Colin White, Logan Brown are not likely to be moved and Chabot is in the same boat.

Andreas Englund is a stay at home D with size and work ethic. Former U20 World Junior Captain.

How generous of you to look for a ROR <-> Ryan swap while not giving up any top prospects. But we politely decline.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

You're asking for a 1st line center signed for several more years in his prime, asking the Sabres to take on one of the worst contracts in the NHL in Bobby Ryan, and your pulling Karlsson and all your top prospects and players off the table? :help:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

You aren't getting a 1C (while also dumping a huge cap dump) for a pile of Maybe's from a team that is looking to make its way out of the basement. Offer up some real quality that can help now.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I said white brown and chabot are "unlikely" to be moved, not that they are unavailable.
We also have the Penguins 1st, Batherson, Chaplik and Harpur.

If you dont think a deal can be made, then fine. That I why I asked.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I said white brown and chabot are "unlikely" to be moved, not that they are unavailable.
We also have the Penguins 1st, Batherson, Chaplik and Harpur.

If you dont think a deal can be made, then fine. That I why I asked.

You started off on the wrong foot by mentioning Bobby Ryan. He's a poison pill and I don't blame other fanbases for waiting on arm and a leg to take him on. We might have the pieces to make an ROR trade without Bobby attached, but I have a hard time seeing anything that makes sense with Ryan in the deal.

Not sure ROR is a particularly great fit for a team looking to get younger and faster anyways. Would rather keep our assets and play White/Dzingel in the top-six.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You started off on the wrong foot by mentioning Bobby Ryan. He's a poison pill and I don't blame other fanbases for waiting on arm and a leg to take him on. We might have the pieces to make an ROR trade without Bobby attached, but I have a hard time seeing anything that makes sense with Ryan in the deal.

Not sure ROR is a particularly great fit for a team looking to get younger and faster anyways. Would rather keep our assets and play White/Dzingel in the top-six.

Just out of curiosity - whats the general feeling on Duchene? Is there any talks of extending, or is the general feeling hes going to leave next year?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
This is a weird base for a trade. It's like asking what would Philly would want in addition to Polak in order to get Couturier. ROR is very good player with a lot of value. Ryan has a ton of negative value so I don't even know how you start a trade around these two players. If Ottawa wanted ROR you start with an asset of value and leave Ryan out altogether.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Just out of curiosity - whats the general feeling on Duchene? Is there any talks of extending, or is the general feeling hes going to leave next year?

He seems generally happy here, even with all the off-ice shenanigans going on. He's also playing extremely well after his ice cold start here. I don't think anyone else will give him more money than the Sens, based on what we gave up to get him. He's also closer to home than he would be anywhere else (minus Toronto) so maybe that factors in as well.

If Karlsson is moved this summer all bets are off, as he's clearly not game for another teardown and rebuild at this point in his career. To his credit though, he's definitely saying all the right things so far.

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017

My guess is Karlsson gets traded in the off season we resign Duchene and stone and build around that top line of hoff duche stone. I'm Not for trading Karlsson but I'd be okay with it if we get a good young defensemen like Chabot plus a few picks and decent prospects. I am against ottawa lowering his value with Ryan... trade gaborik with him less of a hindrance since any team taking him could afford to buy him out.

StoneHoffs129

Oct 24, 2017
He seems generally happy here, even with all the off-ice shenanigans going on. He's also playing extremely well after his ice cold start here. I don't think anyone else will give him more money than the Sens, based on what we gave up to get him. He's also closer to home than he would be anywhere else (minus Toronto) so maybe that factors in as well.

If Karlsson is moved this summer all bets are off, as he's clearly not game for another teardown and rebuild at this point in his career. To his credit though, he's definitely saying all the right things so far.

I don' think all bets are off if we trade Karlsson if we get a good return of guys who are nhl ready and maybe look to ufa. We could do a quick 1 -3 year rebuild and have a very solid team.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

got it. If nothing else, he seems to be media-friendly and keep everything inside the room, as it sounds like he did mostly the same stuff in Colorado. Hopefully the sens get to keep everyone. I'd hate to see a team lose out just because of a bad owner.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah think Karlsson is a guy Buffalo would want in such a trade. In that case we'd want Ristolainen back as well as a 2018 1st and Mittelstadt with O'reilly for Karlsson and Ryan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->