Confirmed Trade: [BUF/NAS] Jimmy Vesey's Draft Rights for 2016 3rd (#76) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Seems more like a media and twitter-verse driven thing to me. He can't sign until tomorrow so I don't know why people are saying Vesey is the one dragging it on.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Man, this kid better be pretty good, the way he is letting this drag on and on. :help:

People need to stop blaming Vesey here, he is handcuffed by the rules.

He clearly didnt want to sign in Nashville and apparently doesnt want to sign in Buffalo either. This situation, by CBA guidelines, HAS TO drag out this way if he doesnt want to sign in either of these places. For all we know, he might have already made up his mind but just like any free agent, needs to wait until the window opens

People can knock him as smug, arrogant, whatever, but he did nothing wrong, is the first kid to graduate from college in his family as I recall (from damn Harvard none the less), and stayed the entire time and didnt bite at Poile's pitch to jump into the NHL playoffs right away. It sucks that both Nashville/Buffalo burned picks on this kids rights, but the kid played by the rules, didnt promise anyone anything, and put in his time to earn the free agent route.

As much as a deal is being made about him now that he graduated, lets not forget he could have opted to sign in the NHL for the last few years and didnt. He is hardly playing this up, but the situation makes him look like an entitled brat when he is just trying to be patient and smart about (which everyone should do when you are talking about your career path to making millions of dollars)

Just because Murray traded for his rights with a hope and a prayer doesnt mean that coerces Vesey into signing with Buffalo out of obligation or guilt

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Man, this kid better be pretty good, the way he is letting this drag on and on. :help:

Why not just come out and say he should sign with Buffalo? Or are you a hurt preds fan?

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Can someone please confirm for me. He can't sign until Tuesday, correct? So there is nothing that could possibly happen tomorrow?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know where he signs but I do know this if he signs with the Leafs cool certainly won't hurt the rebuild if not cool won't make or break anything either

All I know is it can end tomorrow and I am ready for it to end.

Mad Brills*

Part of me wants him to sign with Carolina or some random team so this board melts down.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Have a feeling he signs tomorrow. Think he's known all along which team he wants to go to. Knows that team wants to sign him. Not a whole lot to negotiate. No real reason for him to not make it official tomorrow.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Have a feeling he signs tomorrow. Think he's known all along which team he wants to go to. Knows that team wants to sign him. Not a whole lot to negotiate. No real reason for him to not make it official tomorrow.

Sure there is the reason is drag this out is simply because he can

satbank

Jan 11, 2014

That will be wrong because he can't sign until 12:01 am on August 16 unless it's Buffalo...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

He can only sign with Buffalo tomorrow, just like today.

There was a quote somewhere that he has meetings set up with teams on Tuesday and Wednesday. So we likely won't hear anything official till Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad