Confirmed Trade: [BUF/NAS] Jimmy Vesey's Draft Rights for 2016 3rd (#76) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If we sign him everyone will just talk about how he sucks and will bust etc etc etc

I mean, the same could be said when he finally signs anywhere.

If he signs with Chicago, everyone else will hate it. If he signs with the Rangers, everyone else will hate it. If he signs with the Leafs, everyone will hate it. Etcetera etcetera...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If he signs with The Blackhawks, I as a Blackhawks fan, don't expect more than 40 points out of him.

I don't begrudge him getting as much as he can out of the CBA, but the hype is getting out of control.

His value is relative to his price, cap-wise. That's it. We're not looking at an impact player here.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Really hope he doesn't sign with the Bruins - dead end career move for the next couple seasons. Gi to a contender or go to a young up and coming team would be wisest for him.

He didn't owe any of those teams anything. His college team oversaw his main development as a player - and both management groups understood the risks involved with him.

Positive he will not sign with the UCLA Bruins

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If we sign him everyone will just talk about how he sucks and will bust etc etc etc

As a Rangers fan, I would be extremely disappointed if he signs in NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I mean, the same could be said when he finally signs anywhere.

If he signs with Chicago, everyone else will hate it. If he signs with the Rangers, everyone else will hate it. If he signs with the Leafs, everyone will hate it. Etcetera etcetera...

If he signs with the Leafs, everyone else would really, really hate it! As much as I would really, really love to see the angst that would cause, it's just not going to happen.

There's no reason for Vesey to come to Toronto. Boston or the Rangers for a home-town Harvard grad like him. He can have a nice career in hockey, all the while setting himself up for some other life-long career after the hockey career ends.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I mean sure thing the kid look like he has talent and every team should go for him! Who woulnt take a free potential top 6. But lets all calm down the kid hasnt played a single game beside university hockey. This screams justin schultz until proven otherwise

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Any Hawks fan who gives the Devils crap for playing in Newark shouldn't live in a glass house when they like to throw stones.

haven't seen that much here...but holy hell twitter...

The arena around the Prudential Center is safe and the players obviously don't live in or too close to Newark.

Just like the arena around the United Center is safe and the players certainly don't live right there.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I mean sure thing the kid look like he has talent and every team should go for him! Who woulnt take a free potential top 6. But lets all calm down the kid hasnt played a single game beside university hockey. This screams justin schultz until proven otherwise

Yes but Justin Schultz was pretty decent until the oilers and their inept coaching staff and management destroyed his game and his confidence. I'm not suggesting he is the second coming of Bobby Orr but he was a decent second pairing puck moving defenceman who went to the wrong team and derailed his growth.

Hopefully playing on a decent team with some structure will put him on track.

You are correct sir in stating the hype surrounding a player that has yet to play a game in the NHL is a little nuts but that's why we come on these boards and talk all the smack that we do.

Still love to see him on the leafs and don't worry about the spotlight the team insulates its rookies now so you will be able to play in a safe environment. Come on up!

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
The arena around the Prudential Center is safe and the players obviously don't live in or too close to Newark.

Just like the arena around the United Center is safe and the players certainly don't live right there.

I am so confused right now... There's an arena around the Devils' and Hawks' arenas? And those arenas are safe, but the players don't want to live in a safe arena? Why would they want to live in an arena at all, safe or unsafe?

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Chicago makes the most sense for him. Most young players who debut for Chicago put up good numbers and are in excellent position to cash in for their 2nd/3rd contracts.(especially wingers).

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
This sounds very interesting if you are a devils fan:

That being said, Fish noted his client isn't someone who craves the spotlight of a big hockey market.

"I think he would prefer to be under the radar," Fish said. "He’s not the type of kid who enjoys necessarily being talked about all the time. He’s a good teammate, he’s a good kid. He’s pretty quiet and quietly goes about his business as a hockey player. He’s not afraid of the spotlight or anything like that. He’s a kid that probably prefers to fly under the radar a bit."

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country

I wouldn't worry too much about that.

He won't sign in Jersey.

All this drama and he'll be a Bruin for a boatload of reasons (mostly personal) by next weekend.

But it's gotta play out, so be it.

LeveilleFan19

Jul 13, 2016
I wouldn't be at all shocked if he did not choose Boston. However, I think Boston makes the most sense for him.

If it truly is about what's best for him LONG term, I can't see any BETTER option. Yes, other teams may offer a more immediate attractiveness that Boston may not have today but with Boston's prospect pool at a very attractive high, coupled with him local ties to some of those local prospects, family, proximity to home, playing with a mentor like Bergeron, mentors in players like Chara, Backas, Bergeron, etc... as a local boy I don't see too much negative by staying home.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I wonder if Anaheim is an option. Sadly, he'd be the #1 or #2 LW...

With all the tumors swirling of it being a northeastern team, I'd definitely be venturing a team like Anaheim making a strong case for him especially if he can slot into the top 6 almost right away. Detroit is another one that looks like a good possibility. Toronto and Boston are the obvious choices but that is why I don't think they're at the top of the list.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
This sounds very interesting if you are a devils fan:

That being said, Fish noted his client isn't someone who craves the spotlight of a big hockey market.

"I think he would prefer to be under the radar," Fish said. "He’s not the type of kid who enjoys necessarily being talked about all the time. He’s a good teammate, he’s a good kid. He’s pretty quiet and quietly goes about his business as a hockey player. He’s not afraid of the spotlight or anything like that. He’s a kid that probably prefers to fly under the radar a bit."

You know what team would fit the bill? Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->