Proposal: buf-lak

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Capital punishment via nitrogen inhalation is becoming popular but ive always opted for electrocution where the guys head catches on fire and smokes
Don't sweat it. You made a proposal on the HF Trade board that doesn't nearly fit the other team's needs.

That puts you at the end of a very long line.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The Kings don't even need goaltending.
What team have you been watching Kurrilino?
If the answer is the Kings, then my follow up question is what year?

You've said some crazy shit over the years bro, but this is just...wow. if I didn't have a conscience, I would be selling you NFTs right now.

The Kings are gonna go as far as their goaltending takes them. They made the playoffs last season because a guy who's parents can't spell Phoenix found his game at 31 and had a hot streak.

The Kings beat Edmonton primarily because of their third string goalie who has had consistently problems throughout his career. Talbot is 36.5 years old(which is 54 in human years). He had a hot streak and has come back to earth and is tired.
Goaltending has to steal some games in the playoffs. That's not gonna happen with these two.

Reactions: David Catselhoff

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
What team have you been watching Kurrilino?
If the answer is the Kings, then my follow up question is what year?

You've said some crazy shit over the years bro, but this is just...wow. if I didn't have a conscience, I would be selling you NFTs right now.

The Kings are gonna go as far as their goaltending takes them. They made the playoffs last season because a guy who's parents can't spell Phoenix found his game at 31 and had a hot streak.

The Kings beat Edmonton primarily because of their third string goalie who has had consistently problems throughout his career. Talbot is 36.5 years old(which is 54 in human years). He had a hot streak and has come back to earth and is tired.
Goaltending has to steal some games in the playoffs. That's not gonna happen with these two.
The team isn't going anywhere regardless the goal tending.
I want Blake removed to not do any more crazy shit

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Can you offer us a top 4rhd for our gazillion forward prospects instead?

Buffalo needs:
1B or 1A goalie depending on how you view UPL
Top 4 rhd (like 90% of all teams)
Reliable center for the bottom 6

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Why anyone would even attempt a trade proposal for the UPL is beyond me. For futures too. Please have a little awareness of the team before making proposals.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
the big issue is Buffalo at forward in their prospect pool are (Rosen, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, and pthers). trading for Turcotte and Kaliyev would just cause problems on the roster.

at goalie its UPL and Levi with a couple prop[sect goalies not yet on ELCs.

Buffalo is not trading UPL and the do not need middling forwards in return that they have spades of.

at this point to get UPL id expect Clarke to be coming back

Sabres gonna outscore their problems by icing 5 forwards and 1 D, keeping the goalie pulled all game. Problem = solved.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Blake might as well keep going. He's almost at the acquiring Lucic phase of his Reign!!!
Don't even say stuff like that..... :mad:
He might read that

Can you offer us a top 4rhd for our gazillion forward prospects instead?

Buffalo needs:
1B or 1A goalie depending on how you view UPL
Top 4 rhd (like 90% of all teams)
Reliable center for the bottom 6

Doughty is your man

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings have to RHD that could be available in Matt Roy or Jordan Spence. Doughty and Clarke aren't leaving. Seems like every defenseman that leaves the Kings turns to gold, so get 'em while the gettin's good.

What would the return be for one of those two?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Kings have to RHD that could be available in Matt Roy or Jordan Spence. Doughty and Clarke aren't leaving. Seems like every defenseman that leaves the Kings turns to gold, so get 'em while the gettin's good.

Buffalo is not shopping f or UFAs

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
UPL looking pretty good tonight.

That's been more the norm for him for about two months. He's only won 7 of his 12 starts over that time, but he's been on the losing end when giving up 1 or 2 goals three times in that span too. It's new to have a reliable goalie for the first time in an age.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

An extended Roy would get you a very nice piece from Buffalo. What are the Kings needs?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

If Roy would sign in Buffalo, he’d be interesting. Spence doesn’t look like an upgrade on anything we already have though.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Sabres and Kings would make sense as trading partners. But, the way the Sabres operate is they will have their pro scout following the LA organization for months, GMKA will be seen at games, having long conversations with Rob Blake. Then at the deadline they'll trade Dustin Tokarski for future considerations, and separately, acquire another left-shot defenseman who is willing to fight, but is bad at it.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
how about arthur kaliyev (kings fwd 1st round pic), alex turcotte (fwd/c also 1st rounder) for uko pekka-lukinnen??
i dont know what buf has in the a for goaltenders but this trade would be great for both teams -kings get rid of two young players they have no idea what to do with and uko fills a black hole for the kings.
buf gets younger and gets a potential 30 goal scorer in arty and a physical gamer in turcotte.
source- joe izusu
as a Sabres fan, I say yes to that trade.
You know the old saying "Trade high". UPL's trade value may never be higher. And, would any Sabre fan be surprised is we see the old UPL reappear next week? I wouldn't

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Eric Comrie? Dustin Tokarski?????

Buffalo's got nothing spare in the goalie department. Levi isn't ready for the NHL yet and UPL looks like he finally turned a corner.

Okay you've convinced me, Levi it is :nod:

Yeah I just don't think they make good trading partners, even as much as either time has some individual pieces the other would like

Reactions: Zman5778

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
as a Sabres fan, I say yes to that trade.
You know the old saying "Trade high". UPL's trade value may never be higher. And, would any Sabre fan be surprised is we see the old UPL reappear next week? I wouldn't

If the objective is to sell high, why take on two pieces that are not being sold high? Kaliyev isn't in the Kings lineup and is about as complete a player as Olofsson. Turcotte's a nice story that he's finally made it to the NHL after year upon year of being injured but there is nothing to say that he isn't the next Lias Andersson or James Sheppard at this point. For a league starved for goaltending, they could do way better if they decided to send Luukkonen out right now.

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Kings need a big solid LHD that is young enough to sign to a longer contract, a reliable goalie, and a 3rd/4th line energy forward with size that can PK and hits anything that moves.

they have Roy (who fits what you need), possibly Spence, Kaliyev, Lizotte, Grundstrom, JAD, Lewis, probably Arvidsson too

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Kings need a big solid LHD that is young enough to sign to a longer contract, a reliable goalie, and a 3rd/4th line energy forward with size that can PK and hits anything that moves.

they have Roy (who fits what you need), possibly Spence, Kaliyev, Lizotte, Grundstrom, JAD, Lewis, probably Arvidsson too

Yeah Buffalo doesn’t have any of that to spare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad