Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Eichel wanted this one so bad...

And the team didn't respond.

Jack.jpg

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
They're playing like ****, because maybe they are ****. This is the team Murray put together. He was the worst hire in the history of this teams franchise.
I was generally supportive of what Murray did, but I'm really starting to think that "rushing the rebuild" set us back. I make the ROR trade every day and twice on Sunday's, but you look at teams like Tampa and Pittsburgh (recently, not dating back to 08-09), and one thing they have in common is that they seem to have an influx of youth coming into the NHL at the same time and making an impact. Tampa seemingly had guys like the triplets coming from all over the place, and Pittsburgh was able to give their bottom 6 incredible depth (rust, kunhkackl, Wilson, etc) as well as supplement their top 6 with guys like sheary and guentzel.

Imagine if we didn't trade for Kane, kept some of those picks and prospects we had, made some better picks instead of scrubs like cornel and karabacek (jury is still out more on him), maybe traded less for cam talbot instead of lehner...it could be very possible that we would see a similar effect.

Botts realizes this, and that's why I think he'll right the ship...eventually. It's going to take time to restock the cupboard a little bit, and integrate that into Rochester rather than a team that's vet-heavy. I just hope people don't lose patience with him, because his philosophy is what breeds successful teams in the game today. Unsurprisingly, look what team he came from.

I'm not one of those posters that likes to make knee jerk reactions, or bashes Murray at every opportunity...but the "what ifs" are starting to look naturally more attractive right now

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I blame Risto for being in lalaland, Griffith for his whiff, and all the Ville Leinos for this loss.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I was generally supportive of what Murray did, but I'm really starting to think that "rushing the rebuild" set us back. I make the ROR trade every day and twice on Sunday's, but you look at teams like Tampa and Pittsburgh (recently, not dating back to 08-09), and one thing they have in common is that they seem to have an influx of youth coming into the NHL at the same time and making an impact. Tampa seemingly had guys like the triplets coming from all over the place, and Pittsburgh was able to give their bottom 6 incredible depth (rust, kunhkackl, Wilson, etc) as well as supplement their top 6 with guys like sheary and guentzel.

Imagine if we didn't trade for Kane, kept some of those picks and prospects we had, made some better picks instead of scrubs like cornel and karabacek (jury is still out more on him), maybe traded less for cam talbot instead of lehner...it could be very possible that we would see a similar effect.

Botts realizes this, and that's why I think he'll right the ship...eventually. It's going to take time to restock the cupboard a little bit, and integrate that into Rochester rather than a team that's vet-heavy. I just hope people don't lose patience with him, because his philosophy is what breeds successful teams in the game today. Unsurprisingly, look what team he came from.

I'm not one of those posters that likes to make knee jerk reactions, or bashes Murray at every opportunity...but the "what ifs" are starting to look naturally more attractive right now

Part of the problem is that our young prospect wingers sucked it up and didn't push for spots. Bailey, Baptiste, and Fasching were supposed to be our Sheary/Guentzel type guys, and they absolutely stunk in camp and preseason. (And Nylander too, but him being hurt certainly didn't help matters, though I'm not sure he would have stuck even if he was healthy).

If those guys stepped up (hell, even just ONE of them), all of a sudden our winger depth would look much better and allow us to roll with the Eichel/ROR/Reinhart center spine without having Pouliot/Griffith/Moulson weighing those guys down. But they showed they weren't ready, and it's created a huge hole on our roster.

Now at least next year we'll have more options: those guys plus Nylander, Middelstadt, and Asplund (and maybe even Cliff Pu). But at the end of the day, if the guys we do have who were supposed to be the secondary pieces we so desperately need don;t step up, we will continue to be screwed.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Smug, insufferable stats bros were right, unfortunately: Ristolainen is bad.
I have a hard time laying this on risto when I think every defenseman is struggling right now. Lost in the panic posts is that everyone is still picking up a new system. Repeating again, I'll worry if they still haven't put it together by December.

My preseason prediction was a rough first 2 months followed by an upswing in December, some big months in January and February, followed by a chase through march and April that falls 6 or so points short of the playoffs. No panicing when things are going as expected.

Plus I thought it was a better game then most of those played this season. Jack continues to show that when he wants it, he really isn't stoppable. If the ROR line was even sniffing their production from last year or THE GODDAMN PP HADNT GONE TO SHIT, we would be around .500 or better.

2 things I don't expect to continue much longer: the weak d zone play from our defense men and the non existent ROR line.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Silver lining to ROR's game: His face-off percentage is as good as ever.

2nd best in the NHL.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Part of the problem is that our young prospect wingers sucked it up and didn't push for spots. Bailey, Baptiste, and Fasching were supposed to be our Sheary/Guentzel type guys, and they absolutely stunk in camp and preseason. (And Nylander too, but him being hurt certainly didn't help matters, though I'm not sure he would have stuck even if he was healthy).

If those guys stepped up (hell, even just ONE of them), all of a sudden our winger depth would look much better and allow us to roll with the Eichel/ROR/Reinhart center spine without having Pouliot/Griffith/Moulson weighing those guys down. But they showed they weren't ready, and it's created a huge hole on our roster.

Now at least next year we'll have more options: those guys plus Nylander, Middelstadt, and Asplund (and maybe even Cliff Pu). But at the end of the day, if the guys we do have who were supposed to be the secondary pieces we so desperately need don;t step up, we will continue to be screwed.

Fasching and Smith didn't suck in camp. Botts is just keeping them down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->