OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Let them lose and let them do it for years. Our organization had been so inept at drafting for such a long period of time that I marvel at how we remained competitive for as long as we did. What do I as a Rays fan have to be sad about? That next summer we take a guy like Kris Bryant or Bryce Harper? How about another David Price? Sign me up.

Believe in the tank

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I’ve traded the Rays for the Rowdies to be honest. Lightning #1, Bucs #2, and Rowdies #3. Don’t really watch baseball at all anymore. I rather watch Orlando City or Atlanta United tbh.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
They are getting a new ballpark in Ybor City. Dont know exactly where they are going to put it though.

Nice, hadn't seen or heard that. Been a couple of years since I've been there and wasn't an expert on the Ybor area when I did live there but I can't think of anywhere off the top of my head there that has that kind of space.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Out of curiosity, is the NBA team of choice for Tampa the Magics or are they too far away to be considered a regional team?
When the Magic first came about I remember friends going to games there all the time. But now nobody here seems to give a crap about them. Of course it doesn't help that they've been so awful now.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Rays draft Liberatore. Finally something to ease the suckage of my sports life lately. Lightning blow 3-2 ECF lead, Reds lose the CL, Orlando will be lucky to win 35 games next year. It hasn't been fun but it at least makes me happy to think that the Rays have a very good 1-2 pitching punch coming up through the system.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Rays draft Liberatore. Finally something to ease the suckage of my sports life lately. Lightning blow 3-2 ECF lead, Reds lose the CL, Orlando will be lucky to win 35 games next year. It hasn't been fun but it at least makes me happy to think that the Rays have a very good 1-2 pitching punch coming up through the system.
Can't wait till they get traded.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Welp the NFL is expected to suspend Winston for the first 3 games of the season.

Last edited:

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I won’t support or cheer for the Bucs until they cut Winston loose. I’ve always given him the benefit of the doubt but I’m done now. As a die hard Bucs and Noles fan it’s tough to say, but he needs to go.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
New stadium looks amazing honestly I hopefully gets done. No retractable roof was disappointing.
Retractable roof is pointless. When is it ever going to be nice enough to open up?

That said stadium is hella expensive for something so small, wtf. It also doesn't fit in with Ybor at all imo.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Parking?
Major, major road expansions?

Nice stadium though, forgot to include the Vegas skyline in the background though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad