OT: Bucs, Rays & Other Florida Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I wish we could fire the whole Bucs locker room. Morris, Schiano and now Koetter are all victims of entire locker rooms up and quitting on them
The loser's mentality in that locker room runs deep. Major roster changes need to be made no matter who is in charge after this season.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Think I am just gonna go back to not giving a flying **** about the Bucs until they show me they care. This team is so incredibly frustrating.
Same. I think I'm just gonna stop caring about football altogether with all the concussion scandal and stuff anyway. It's just not fun any more.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Can't blame you guys it's going on a decade without the playoffs and even then they didn't show up for a playoff game at home.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The loser's mentality in that locker room runs deep. Major roster changes need to be made no matter who is in charge after this season.

Completely agreed.

I'm slowly starting to get to the point where I would accept Gruden as coach again and I never.... ever.... EVER thought I would say those words.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
At this point I reserve zero expectations for the Bucs. If we lose whatever. If we win whatever. I will always want them to win and I will always be happy when they do. But if the season does not turn around soon then I will reach the point where I no longer care what happens to them. It's the only way I am going to preserve what's left of my football sanity.

Right now having no expectations is only thing keeping me going with the Rays.

Stu is gonna cry to the poor house, 26,000 cars are going to cross east on the Howard Frankland Bridge between 4 and 6 PM and the fans of St. Pete are going to continue to expect Tampa/Hillsborough to contribute 26,000 people a night to any sellout while they themselves contribute only 10,000 at all.

It's sad that I thank God on a regular basis that I am a Lightning fan.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Is the West Coast Offense even a thing any more?

At least some variation of it. I mean week after week we watch the Bucs defense suffer death by a thousand tiny cuts giving up 7 yards a pass and having no way to stop it. And at this point it's a leash that Jameis Winston desperately needs. We will never... EVER make it to the next level with #3 throwing the ball around like he thinks he's Peyton Manning. He just makes too many mistakes and I don't think he'll ever grow out of it.

That doesn't mean we can't win a Super Bowl with him. It just means we need a different system that will limit his mistakes. I think a West Coast offense would probably help him at this point.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
My real question is, How do we have this much talent on the offensive side of the ball and still struggle to put up points? It doesn't make sense what so ever. This staff needs to be canned, And I like others have said and can't believe we are saying but bring back Gruden.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Gruden wasn't bad he just needs a GM to keep him in check. Getting rid of Rich McKay was the dumbest thing ever.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Gruden is being put into the Ring of Honor on December 18th. mark that on your calendars. That is going to be some homecoming.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Dude me too. Almost a decade of this crap. I mean make no mistake I'm happy for the Bucs that they won and I'd be happier if the beat the Phins but for both you and I the season's gotten to a place where it's like"what's the point?" I can't even imagine how you feel because for all the God AWFUL football the Bucs have played this year, we're a mere win away from having the same 4-6 record as the Phins if they were to lose against us and for all purposes they've at least TRIED to bust their ass at certain points this year.

In what world is that fair?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dude me too. Almost a decade of this crap. I mean make no mistake I'm happy for the Bucs that they won and I'd be happier if the beat the Phins but for both you and I the season's gotten to a place where it's like"what's the point?" I can't even imagine how you feel because for all the God AWFUL football the Bucs have played this year, we're a mere win away from having the same 4-6 record as the Phins if they were to lose against us and for all purposes they've at least TRIED to bust their ass at certain points this year.

In what world is that fair?

It's frustrating because they were 4-3 had a strong chance to beat Oakland, could have went 5-3, and be in a good spot for a chance at one of the WC spots. Now here they are 4-5, with a must win against Tampa next week. It stinks. QB situation still up in the air. I know it's a lot of could have's but that's sports for you. lol.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Doubt anyone else here roots for them, but how about the Canes?!

10 win season for the first time since 2003, and we still have at least 3 games left to play, with one cancelled earlier in the season due to Irma. Impressive turnaround by Richt and co.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That was a shameful win. The win is gonna be enough to keep his job safe for a little while longer. I don't want that but I might as well deal with it and say in the meantime Koetter needs to give up his duties as OC and let someone else handle it.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
The thing I hate about football is you can be five games into the season and it’s already over. At 0-5 or 0-4 your season is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad