Bryzgalov vs. Toivonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauerkraut

Mar 11, 2003
Visit site
I have Bryzgalov and Toivonen in my sim league and am debating on trading one.

Any thoughts on a strong preference for one over the other and why?

Brian Finley is another keeper on my roster, think he can work back to being viewed as a future #1?

Thanks for any input ;o)

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Bauerkraut said:
Brian Finley is another keeper on my roster, think he can work back to being viewed as a future #1?

He can become a #1, but I wouldn't hold my breathe. Injuries have set him back two years and he may never recover. He's not even worked his way in to the full time starting spot in the A. The Preds have him still platooning. The next year will be a big step for him as he's probably going to get the starting nod in the A full-time. If he stays healthy, he'll probably have an NHL future.

Soyuz

Dec 8, 2003
Visit site
Is Toivonen the guy in the Boston system? If so, I would take Bryzgalov. The guy has been a monster in the AHL. I've seen Toivonen play against Manchester...and get lit up for four goals. Bryzgalov also has his bad games, but tends to carry his team a lot better.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Soyuz said:
Is Toivonen the guy in the Boston system? If so, I would take Bryzgalov. The guy has been a monster in the AHL. I've seen Toivonen play against Manchester...and get lit up for four goals. Bryzgalov also has his bad games, but tends to carry his team a lot better.

Bryzgalov is also four years older. Toivonen posted posted slightly better stats this year, albeit in nearly thirty fewer games.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Toivonen is arguably the best goalie prospect anywhere by the way. I've heard some amazing stories about him. I'd rank him ahead of Miller, Ouellet, Emery, Bryzaglav, etc.

In my mind its-

1.Lehtonen
1a.Fleury
2.Toivonen.
3.Emery
4.Ouellet

Toivonen will usurp Raycroft next year I think.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Captain Conservative said:
Toivonen is arguably the best goalie prospect anywhere by the way. I've heard some amazing stories about him. I'd rank him ahead of Miller, Ouellet, Emery, Bryzaglav, etc.

In my mind its-

1.Lehtonen
1a.Fleury
2.Toivonen.
3.Emery
4.Ouellet

IMO

1. Lehtonen
2. Fleury
2b. Toivonen

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:

In my mind its-

1.Lehtonen
1a.Fleury
2.Toivonen.
3.Emery
4.Ouellet

Same here, if you want to know I think Toivonen has a better NHL future than Fleury.

Bauerkraut

Mar 11, 2003
Visit site
Thanks all

I appreciate the input. Especially where a few of you think toivonen is in the top 3 of all goaltending prospects and basically equal to number 2.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->