Bryce Swan info?

Randall Graves*

I was able to get my hands on a little bit of video(and be little i mean just a few hi lites) but from what I saw he looks like he plays a Ryan Smyth type of game, is that accurate? Is he going to project as a power forward in the NHL? what's his timetable for making the NHL?
I liked what I saw but wanted opinions from people who have seen him play more..

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He is a gritty winger, likes to bang and crash...i think the Ryan Smyth comparison is accurate, except Bryce isnt the scorer Ryan was in junior.

Bryce has only played 70 games over the past 2 seasons, as a rookie he didnt play much and last year he was hurt with freakish injuries.

He will definatly play 2 more years in the Q, after that probably a couple in the AHL...i doubt Anaheim will rush him, he needs to play.

Randall Graves*

LaLaLaprise said:
He is a gritty winger, likes to bang and crash...i think the Ryan Smyth comparison is accurate, except Bryce isnt the scorer Ryan was in junior.

Bryce has only played 70 games over the past 2 seasons, as a rookie he didnt play much and last year he was hurt with freakish injuries.

He will definatly play 2 more years in the Q, after that probably a couple in the AHL...i doubt Anaheim will rush him, he needs to play.
so would an accurate projection be a potential 25-30 goal and a 50-60 point player? I like that he plays physical on top of having some offensive tools..heres to staying healthy.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RallyKiller said:
so would an accurate projection be a potential 25-30 goal and a 50-60 point player? I like that he plays physical on top of having some offensive tools..heres to staying healthy.

Its really hard to get a read on Swan's long term offensive upside. He isnt the best puck handler, or stick handler but he has a good shot and he drives to the net hard. He wont score pretty goals thats for sure.

I say he is more like a 20-20 guy in the NHL...as of now anyway...he can also kill penalties pretty well.

Randall Graves*

LaLaLaprise said:
Its really hard to get a read on Swan's long term offensive upside. He isnt the best puck handler, or stick handler but he has a good shot and he drives to the net hard. He wont score pretty goals thats for sure.

I say he is more like a 20-20 guy in the NHL...as of now anyway...he can also kill penalties pretty well.
How is he at deflecting shots in front of the net? Maybe a Mark Parrish comparison would be more accurate?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RallyKiller said:
How is he at deflecting shots in front of the net? Maybe a Mark Parrish comparison would be more accurate?

Hes actually pretty good at that...he knows where to go to cause havoc on the PP in front of the net.

He scored 2 goals in the playoffs in similar fashion, he parked himself at the side of the net and deflected a slap shot that was going wide into the net.

This year is important for Bryce...he will be on the top line, he will get #1 PP and #1 PK...it will be interesting to see how well he does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->