Bryce Harper/Contract

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It all depends on harper. Nats have the money as they have the richest owner in baseball.

But with stanton on yankees now where else is he gonna go?

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
My coworker who's a Yankees fan thinks he's going to the Yankees, and Kris Bryant will follow :laugh:

I'm hoping he goes to the Cubs.

Doubt he goes to either.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Will be interesting to see where he goes. If he goes to Philly that'd be a good add for them for sure. Could really put them over the top as a team to watch in the NL for the next few yrs.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He's going to the Yankees for 350 million. He's taking a discount to play for a contender.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
In no way is this a knock on him. He’s a legit star. That said, seeing the direction of baseball, especially after this past free agency period, I don’t see anyone offering up nearly that much.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You do realize the nats have the richest owner in baseball right?
You do realize they have been severe under performers in the playoffs right? Haven't made it to the 2nd round since 82 and may miss the playoffs this season. Maybe the braves or phillies can show you what winning in the playoffs looks like.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
You do realize they have been severe under performers in the playoffs right? Haven't made it to the 2nd round since 82 and may miss the playoffs this season. Maybe the braves or phillies can show you what winning in the playoffs looks like.

thats not what i said, you talked about money and i mentioned the nats have the richest owners. for some reason you went wayyy over there

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
thats not what i said, you talked about money and i mentioned the nats have the richest owners. for some reason you went wayyy over there
So? The Yankees are rich as well. On top of that they have a young core that's ready to contend.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Wonder if the Angels have any chance.

not sure if trout contract causes issues. hes already making 34 million and his contract is up one year after harper would sign. if harper is the one looking for 30-4o mil and trout has already been making that, what does trout get a year? 45 mil?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Wonder if the Angels have any chance.
probably unlikely. they have to sign mike trout as well in 2020 and no way should they sign harper and not trout (i don't think they can sign both) and they haven't accomplished anything except for a division crown in the trout area except for disappointment. haven't won a playoff game in 9 years. however that could change as soon as this season. they have a great chance of making the playoffs.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yankees are already committing 86 mill in 2019 to only 4 players (Stanton, Tanaka, Chapman and Ellsbury). Following players are due for payrises this offseason (Severino, Kahnle, Hicks, Didi and Gray). That's 40-50 mill right there. Gardner's option will get picked up. Robertson is a free agent. In 12 months time Sanchez and Judge are due for big payrises. Do the math.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yankees have shed 50 million from their roster 2 years ago. They're smartly planning for when guys are due raises.

Angels are stuck with Pujols' albatross of a contract and still have Josh Hamilton fresh on their minds. Nevermimd the fact Trout will get a raise sooner than later and I think we can eliminate them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad