Bryan Burke: 'I would not draft Kessel first overall'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

kingsjohn said:
Ok, so first you attack my objectivity, now you actually want to address the post? Why couldn't you do this the first time?

They are a crappy team, Burke in his arrogance traded all their scoring away for enforcers and now they are paying the price.

Burke has never been a good GM and he never will be. He is a media darling and nothing but that. Why trust the opinion of a less than successful GM?
Actually hes a pretty good GM.
And his opinon, though it pains some Kessel lovers , is hardly unique in the hockey world.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kingsjohn said:
What does that have to do with Brian Burke?

And you might want to check the standings again.

Dallas will win the Pacific. The Kings will make the playoffs in the 5-7 range and lose in the first round. Life goes on. Go back to your Kings board.

Old Hickory

McDonald19 said:
They are a borderline playoff team. They are not a crappy team.

At this point you are just trolling. We get it you hate the Ducks and love the Kings more that life itself. Thats great now move on. This is a thread discussing Kessels status as possibly not going #1 in the draft.

He traded Rucchin to get under the salary cap and he happened to get Gillies as a throw in to protect his prospects at the AHL level, that was it. He traded a waiver eligible d-man prospect in Popovic for an enforcer in Brennan. Not the end of the world.

To say he traded all their scorers for enforcers is simply not true.
I am not trolling at all. I am stating facts and a listed them to back up my statement.

But if you really want to get down to brass tax , calling someone a troll or accusing them of trolling. Is against the rules.

Old Hickory

Jon Prescription said:
Well, you're the one who just randomly attacked another team.
Nice try.

I listed the Western Conference standings showing the effectiveness of Brian Burke.

You brought my team into this who wasn't even brought up until YOU brought them up.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kingsjohn said:
I am not trolling at all. I am stating facts and a listed them to back up my statement.

But if you really want to get down to brass tax , calling someone a troll or accusing them of trolling. Is against the rules.

Whats worse being a troll or calling someone a troll who is in fact trolling?

you turned a Kessel thread into an anti-Burke anti-Ducks thread. Take it back to the Kings board buddy.

Old Hickory

McDonald19 said:
Dallas will win the Pacific. The Kings will make the playoffs in the 5-7 range and lose in the first round. Life goes on. Go back to your Kings board.
So I post the truth and you turn it into a game of insults?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
kingsjohn said:
Nice try.

I listed the Western Conference standings showing the effectiveness of Brian Burke.

You brought my team into this who wasn't even brought up until YOU brought them up.

I'm pretty sure a number of other posters are bringing up your favorite team as well, since it's not hard to tell you are far from a Ducks fan ;)

Anyway, get this thread back on topic and stop trying to start fights.

Old Hickory

McDonald19 said:
Whats worse being a troll or calling someone a troll who is in fact trolling?

you turned a Kessel thread into an anti-Burke anti-Ducks thread. Take it back to the Kings board buddy.
I am not the one breaking the rules.

I am allowed the have an opinion on Brian Burke?

You are the one taking personal shots and breaking the rules. I haven't said a single thing about you, only your GM.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kingsjohn said:
So I post the truth and you turn it into a game of insults?

Hey you started the trolling. I'm hear to discuss whether Kessel is going first in the draft.

what truth are you talking about by the way? That Burke has turned the Ducks into a potential playoff team in a matter of 6 months while dealing with salary cap problems and other issues. I say good job Burke.

Old Hickory

Jon Prescription said:
I'm pretty sure a number of other posters are bringing up your favorite team as well, since it's not hard to tell you are far from a Ducks fan ;)

Anyway, get this thread back on topic and stop trying to start fights.
Once again.....take your own advice. Nobody likes a hyprocrite.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
kingsjohn said:

I am allowed the have an opinion on Brian Burke. He is the GM of the Ducks.

You are the one taking personal shots and breaking the rules. I haven't said a single thing about you, only your GM.

This thread isn't about his record or anything else. Just this one single quote. But you have come here to turn it into a big old argument about how effective he is, etc. just since your a Kings fan and are trying to start a fight with a Duck fan.

It's like me as a Ranger fan pointing out the ignorance of Mike Milbury on a thread on some random quote from him.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kingsjohn said:

I am allowed the have an opinion on Brian Burke?

You are breaking the rules by going off topic to rant about where your team is in the standings compared to your rival teams place in the standings.

I didn't take any personal shots at you other than saying you love the Kings and hate the Ducks which seems like a fair statement.

Old Hickory

McDonald19 said:
Hey you started the trolling. I'm hear to discuss whether Kessel is going first in the draft.

what truth are you talking about by the way? That Burke has turned the Ducks into a potential playoff team in a matter of 6 months while dealing with salary cap problems and other issues. I say good job Burke.
No, I did not.

I posted the truth, that the Ducks are in 10th place and you chose to turn it into something else and call me names and bring up teams not involved in this thread.

To answer your question, the Ducks are a 10th place team that are going to make the playoffs. Burke created his own cap problems BTW.

Old Hickory

Jon Prescription said:
And everyone hates a troll. Especially when no one feeds them.

So I'd advise everyone to stop posting to this troll.
I am not the one trolling, once again..take a long look in the mirror.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
kingsjohn said:
No, I did not.

I posted the truth, that the Ducks are in 10th place and you chose to turn it into something else and call me names and bring up teams not involved in this thread.

To answer your question, the Ducks are a 10th place team that are going to make the playoffs. Burke created his own cap problems BTW.

There was no reason for you to post what you did except to incite the Duck fans to fight with you. I mean, it's not that hard to see why you posted. Might as well stop trying to cover it up.

Old Hickory

Jon Prescription said:
There was no reason for you to post what you did except to incite the Duck fans to fight with you. I mean, it's not that hard to see why you posted. Might as well stop trying to cover it up.
I posted the standings. Are the standings offensive? No.

Did I post the standings on the Ducks board and say HAHA? No

I posted facts about Brian Burkes ability and you chose to attack me. That was your choice.

Now take your own advice and get the thread back on topic.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
kingsjohn said:
No, I did not.

I did not call you any names. I suggested that what you were doing was being a troll by not sticking to the subject of the thread.

No he didn't. Yeah he signed Niedermayer when he didnt have the cap space. But it wasn't his fault that the Ducks were overpaying veterans like Fedorov and Rucchin. He traded a no longer effective Fedorov and Rucchin and got cap space and has his team in position to take a run at the playoffs with cap room to add the players he wants at the deadline. I say he has done a good job.

Hockeycanada*

Despite what a few posters may say, this is more than a 2 horse all-American race. Bob and Brian Burke have both said Toews could go number 1, and everybody knows these two gentlemen have more connections and insight than the average HF poster. Watching the Sweden-Finland game, I would also say Backstrom is among this top level group. Any of 3 or 4 players could go #1 depending on what team is drafting and if the are drafting for a specific area.

Sammy*

kingsjohn said:
Nice try.

You are bolstering your argument about Burke by citing his teams record this year , when he got to Anaheim like 6 weeks before the season began (or something like that).
Buddy, ya better get a new game plan because the one ya got is pathetic

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
kingsjohn said:
I posted the standings. Are the standings offensive? No.

Did I post the standings on the Ducks board and say HAHA? No

I posted facts about Brian Burkes ability and you chose to attack me. That was your choice.

Now take your own advice and get the thread back on topic.

You're grasping at straws. It was obvious what your intentions were.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
I know you're a solid poster here and don't want to come off as a dick to you, but how in the world can you possibly justify taking Toews over Kessel? I see Toews play a lot in college. I don't know if you have the liberty of that, but if you actually DO see him play outside of the WJCs, I think you'd be quite quickly changing that opinion. Yes, Toews is a fine prospect and will be a great NHLer, but he is not even close to the level that Phil Kessel is. He's on the Mueller/Frolik level.

Except that it's not at all about who's better now. It's about who will be better in 5 years. With Toews having the edge in size and down the line strength, he may be the beter NHLer. NCAA defensemen aren't the same as NHL defensemen and size and strength play a huge role.

It's not about who's better now, it's about who will be the better NHLer when all is said and done.

Based on limited viewing, I'd take E. Johnson 1st. #1 defensemen are a very rare commodity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad