Bryan Bickell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Never seen the guy play live and I was just wondering how he is looking this year. He has been putting up decent numbers this year, and has fought in his last three games. I was just wondering how he is playing, who he plays like and what his potential might be.

Thanks.

littleD

I've seen him play about 4 times in person. Did absolutely nothing in any of those games to impress anyone. He's been in Kilrea's doghouse for part of the season, especially early on.

I think his favourite part of the game is mouthing off to the refs and trash talking. :D

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
He;s not good...

Only reason he was drafted fairly high was because he's listed at 6"4 I saw him fight the other night against Brian Lee of Erie who gives up 3 inches and 20 lbs to Bickell and Lee got the decision...

He won't be an NHLer IMO

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
theBob said:
Could the #18 NA skater by central scouting really have no NHL potential? :banghead:

He's got a high upside, but is a boom or bust type of player. He's got great offensive tools, a big body, a good skating stride, and a willingness to play physically, but, and that's a big but, he's incredibly inconsistent. For whatever reason, his effort is inconsistent. But he certainly has NHL potential.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I see him a lot here in Ottawa---and as a Blackhawks fan I had hoped they woud draft him as one of their 4 2nd rounders in the '04 draft--which they did in fact do ----I still think he has upside due to his size,physicality and skating---you hope he finally will mature and realize he must put out more effort more of the time--he still is very inconsistent--but to this point this year I'm disappointed in his progress--I expected better numbers...but he's still only 18 ---you just have to recall how disappointed everyone was with Mark Mancari for the 67's for his first few years for the 67's--but now in his 4th year he's starting to blossom --so we'll just wait on Bickell...but I would actually like to see Bickell become MORE SELFISH and shoot more--he has a good shot but it seems he's looking to pass first--also when he comes in off the wing on a break he tends to swing around the net looking to make a pass-out instead of just crashing straight ahead on goaland letting a shot go or a deke--he needs to become a more agressive shooter to take charge instead of
just trying to set-up others--if he does that he'll be ok as a pro--if not,he won;t make it except as a 3rd-4th liner who will fight,but even in that regard I don't think he's mean enough --he does hit though--but I don't think he's got the agility to be a good checker...so as of now he's a mixed bag work in progress or maybe never..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad