Brule's shot. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
I was at the game between Portland and Vancouver and saw Brule take a slapshot so hard that I had no idea where the puck went into the net. I asked people around me and no one actually saw the trajectory of the shot because it was an absolute rocket. The Portland goaltender didn't see it either. All I saw was the water bottle fly up into the air. So I went home and watched the Winterhawks/Giants highlights in TV to see if I could catch the goal. They showed it and a few other highlights. Brule demonstrated the power of his shot in this game, it was remarkable. Brule took a slapshot that hit the back of the net in the top corner with such force, that the Portland Winterhawk goaltender's water bottle was propelled at least 4 ft straight up into the air. I have never ever seen anything like that.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
again this is not a Brule vs Crosby thread. It's just a Brule thread. Crosby treads go to the top of the page where it says official crosby thread. Get it.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
One of the few area's where Brule has got Sid's number, the slapshot.

lmao, you're the one always complaining about those Crosby vs Brulé debates and you're always one of the first to start the whole thing.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
How big is Brule this year compared to last?Are his linemates different than last year?If so, how do you see them coming together as a line and what stengths do they have?

Dropkick Alex

Jan 30, 2004
Amherst, New York
monster_bertuzzi said:

I don't think that's starting anything at all. He's clearly stating his opinion, how that shows that he is starting something is beyond me.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:

I agree Brule does have an amazing shot. Like I said I have seen him play live and he gets into scoring position so well and has such a high goal scoring IQ that it is amazing to watch him get open or get into scoring position. He unloaded a few awsome slapshots from just inside the blue line that were amazing, he does have a cannon of a shot but what stands out more is his accuracy with the shots, he can almost pinpoint where his slap shots are going.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
moosefan said:
I agree Brule does have an amazing shot. Like I said I have seen him play live and he gets into scoring position so well and has such a high goal scoring IQ that it is amazing to watch him get open or get into scoring position. He unloaded a few awsome slapshots from just inside the blue line that were amazing, he does have a cannon of a shot but what stands out more is his accuracy with the shots, he can almost pinpoint where his slap shots are going.

This is Brule's number one attribute if you ask me. It's not just a great shot, it's an incredible shot. It's the kind of shot many NHL vets wish they had. When this kid makes the NHL (and he will!), he could be the top shooter in the NHL. It's almost like Pavel Bure how he can shoot he puck.

Vic Rattlehead*

Since there are already two Brule threads, maybe a mod can make a thread for Brule, just like the ones for Crosby and AO?

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
WOW Brule seem like an extraordinary player, just like you know who. lol

seriouly i cant wait to see the next WJC imagine all the talent this year it will be just UNBELIAVABLE. the future of the NHL right in our faces.

imagine a line of crosby and brule. damn it im already wet. :help:

:D

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Chaos said:

laugh all you want :mad: with the new technologies these days i can even sleep without having to worry about my previous daily bed cleanup. now i just say to myself. goodnite, for a fresh morning.

;)

seriously the skill will be insane, specially with those players who would probably playing in the nhl but wont.. see all of the 2004 draft class. wow. :bow:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It's a fench name, if it's the french pronunciation I'd say :

Jil-bear Brew-lay

Altough when you say Brewlay you have to say it one word. Not like BREEEEW LAAAYYY. Get it :) ?

lakingsgirl

Feb 3, 2004
According to the Giants media info pack, it's Zhil-bear Brew-Lay, but just like E = CH² said, it's gotta be said all together.

I've been lucky enough to see him play a few times, and wow. He's amazing. I was there at the Portland game, and I thought the exact same thing, I had NO clue where the shot had gone. (Then again, I was at the opposite end of the ice, but still.) It's incredible. And the best part is, he's modest, which is something I respect so much in a player. He knows he's got skill, but he's not cocky about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->