Brule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF

Dec 10, 2004
Burnaby, BC
monster_bertuzzi said:
Pretty hard for Brule to carry his team with a seperated shoulder...
Exactly. The reason why I'm not pointing a finger at Brule is because his shoulder is buggered up. He has a ton of courage playing the way he did with his injury.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
macleafs said:
Where did he go in the playoffs. He is not even in the same class as Crosby. He took dumb penaties and had one shot in game six. He will never be a supertar!! "Daigle number two"
some big hits though - they were on him like a dirty shirt - you're right scoring was tough - oh by the way - he's on 17 - didn't know he had a bum shoulder

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

macleafs said:
Where did he go in the playoffs. He is not even in the same class as Crosby. He took dumb penaties and had one shot in game six. He will never be a supertar!! "Daigle number two"

Please god, let Burle's stock fall so far that he's within Vancouver's picking range.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
6 of the 9 you named have won the Stanley cup, Hossa has won the Mem-cup and Thornton and Naslund don't have what it takes to lead their team like Brule, so you are right there!
King'sPawn said:
Okay...

Thornton for the Bruins vs. the Habs
Elias for the Devils vs. the Flyers
Hossa didn't for the Senators vs. the Maple Leafs
Naslund didn't for the Canucks vs. the Flames
Modano didn't for the Stars vs. the Avs

In 2003
Fedorov didn't for the Red Wings vs. the Ducks (I won't even throw Yzerman's name out here)
Neither Sakic nor Forsberg did for the Avs vs. the Wild

And the list goes on... I guess they're all just a heap of disappointing busts who have no business having "star" status in the league.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Brule had a generally disappointing playoffs. I know he was hurt, but I don't think his injury was the reason he wasn't performing. I think it was Kelowna's suffocation of his time and space that neutralized him, and a shoulder injury really shouldn't affect his ability to create time and space for himself. It would affect his physical play, his shot and hopefully his faceoffs (he was TERRIBLE on the draw all series), but his skating, stickhandling and passing should have been fine. I think this series exposed Brule a little, showing that he might not be the elite offensive talent a lot of people think he is. His lack of vision and often selfish play was evident in this series. I remember thinking that he cost the Giants a goal on more than one occasion.

Despite all of this, a lot of people are coming down too hard on him. In the end, he is still only a 17 year old kid playing hurt in a 19 year old's league, and if not for his perhaps too lofty expectations, no one would be complaining. I was disappointed because the Giants must have him producing to win, and he didn't, but it's not his fault the Giants are too shallow to win without him playing at his best. Expectations of him were too high to begin with.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
macleafs said:
6 of the 9 you named have won the Stanley cup, Hossa has won the Mem-cup and Thornton and Naslund don't have what it takes to lead their team like Brule, so you are right there!

Wow, for under 100 posts you've already cemented your reputation around here. Dont be too excited about that though.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
macleafs said:

I hope you're just doing some chain pulling now, because you're not exactly backing up your assertions very strongly if you are serious.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Greg7 said:
Brule had a generally disappointing playoffs. I know he was hurt, but I don't think his injury was the reason he wasn't performing. I think it was Kelowna's suffocation of his time and space that neutralized him, and a shoulder injury really shouldn't affect his ability to create time and space for himself. It would affect his physical play, his shot and hopefully his faceoffs (he was TERRIBLE on the draw all series), but his skating, stickhandling and passing should have been fine. I think this series exposed Brule a little, showing that he might not be the elite offensive talent a lot of people think he is. His lack of vision and often selfish play was evident in this series. I remember thinking that he cost the Giants a goal on more than one occasion.

Despite all of this, a lot of people are coming down too hard on him. In the end, he is still only a 17 year old kid playing hurt in a 19 year old's league, and if not for his perhaps too lofty expectations, no one would be complaining. I was disappointed because the Giants must have him producing to win, and he didn't, but it's not his fault the Giants are too shallow to win without him playing at his best. Expectations of him were too high to begin with.

How did Comeau look in the series? Was he at all a factor in shutting down Brule, or was this more of a team defense thing?

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
What?

macleafs said:

Brule had a great series. Not as many points as he would have liked but that's what you get when you follow coach's orders. Brule spent most of the series playing trap hockey positioning himself in the neutral zone on the forecheck. All the Giants were ordered to play a dump and chase game. Brule never floated. He had 6 shots in the 3rd period alone in game 6 when he got more ice time. He gets his ice time when the team is behind - typical of Hay. Otherwise Hay plays 4 lines.

The coach only played Brule about 15-18 minutes a game. If the coach wanted more offense from him he would have played him more and told him to concentrate on scoring. As it was Coach Hay asked the entire team to hit Kelowna to a pulp. Did it work? No- the Giants lost the series in 6 games and Gilbert Brule learned a big lesson. Trust me Brule and the Giants will be back with a vengeance!

Brule will be incredible next season!

Kickassguy

High-End Intangible
Sep 24, 2002
Vancouver + NYC
Brule isn't going to the U18s because of his injuries. And it wasn't just the shoulder he was playing through... he had shoulder, back, and elbow injuries.

bruins4777*

Kickassguy said:
Brule isn't going to the U18s because of his injuries. And it wasn't just the shoulder he was playing through... he had shoulder, back, and elbow injuries.
IT DOESN'T MATTER BRULE IS A CHOKER HE SUCKS HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING HE'S DAIGLE NO. 2 HE'S LAZY AND IS A CRAPPY PLAYER!!! DUH!

HE HAD ONE BAD PLAYOFF SO THEREFORE HE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE DRAFTED!!!!!!!!!

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Greg7 said:

A shoulder injury will affect stickhandling and passing along with shooting faceoffs and physical play. I played for 3 weeks with a yet undeterined shoulder injury and could hardly do anything except skate and use my left arm to swat at pucks

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Greg7 said:

He turned 17 more than 15 months ago.

When is this kid going to grow up? :D

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Seph said:
How did Comeau look in the series? Was he at all a factor in shutting down Brule, or was this more of a team defense thing?
It was mostly Spurgeon out against Brule, although Mosienko (Comeau's centre) was occasionally out against him and did a good job. Basically, Courchaine's line went up against Mosienko's line and did very well, and Brule's line went up against Spurgeon's line and didn't do very well. Comeau in general didn't impress me all that much. He is capable of more offensively and took a lot of penalties.

Crosbyfan said:
He turned 17 more than 15 months ago.

When is this kid going to grow up?
He is still a 17 year old by CHL standards because he's an 87. Actual birthdate isn't that meaningful anyway, it's more about birth year because that equates to the year's of minor hockey at different levels. But yes, he is literally 18, but then I would just say he's playing in a 20 year old's league.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Greg7 said:
Brule had a generally disappointing playoffs. I know he was hurt, but I don't think his injury was the reason he wasn't performing. I think it was Kelowna's suffocation of his time and space that neutralized him, and a shoulder injury really shouldn't affect his ability to create time and space for himself. It would affect his physical play, his shot and hopefully his faceoffs (he was TERRIBLE on the draw all series), but his skating, stickhandling and passing should have been fine.

A seperated shoulder as well as elbow and back pain affects all aspects of your play.

Duster

Feb 20, 2004
No offense, but anyone who says that Brule will be another Daigle just hasn't been paying attention. Completely different styles and attitude.

It was obvious Brule was hurt during the playoffs and Kelowna was all over him as stated earlier. It was easy for them to do so due to the Giants lack of depth. This was something that was apparent when both teams met during the regular season. Kelowna knew how to play against him. It's that simple. Even then, he was still a threat prior to his injury.

Talent wise, the kid has it all. He has terrific hockey sense and makes his linemates better. To say he's a phenom is pushing it though. Unless he spends more time at the gym, his size will be a concern when he reaches the NHL, imho. I can see your average 200lb NHL defenseman taking him out easily down low. Again, just my opinion as a fan.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i know its been said already multiple times in this thread - im gonna say it anyway. hopefully this pathetic showing by such a subpar prospect means nhl gms approximately 1-7 in the draft order feel obligated to let him drop to the canes. i as a fan will bear the burden of such an overwhelming underacheiver. no no ....i implore you - let us take him - its a cross i insist we bear. we owe it to the rest of you for that federov offer sheet. hang this albatross around our necks.
:deadhorse

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
bleedgreen said:
i know its been said already multiple times in this thread - im gonna say it anyway. hopefully this pathetic showing by such a subpar prospect means nhl gms approximately 1-7 in the draft order feel obligated to let him drop to the canes. i as a fan will bear the burden of such an overwhelming underacheiver. no no ....i implore you - let us take him - its a cross i insist we bear. we owe it to the rest of you for that federov offer sheet. hang this albatross around our necks.
:deadhorse

Gold. :yo:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Greg7 said:
He is still a 17 year old by CHL standards because he's an 87. Actual birthdate isn't that meaningful anyway, it's more about birth year because that equates to the year's of minor hockey at different levels. But yes, he is literally 18, but then I would just say he's playing in a 20 year old's league.

Actual Birthdate isn't that meaningful?

He's a full year older than a Dec 31 "87". His biology is not aware of the arbitrary CHL rules and regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad