Brule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Where did he go in the playoffs. He is not even in the same class as Crosby. He took dumb penaties and had one shot in game six. He will never be a supertar!! "Daigle number two"

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
macleafs said:
Where did he go in the playoffs. He is not even in the same class as Crosby. He took dumb penaties and had one shot in game six. He will never be a supertar!! "Daigle number two"

Did we forget hockey is a team sport? Why not leave it at he didn't have a great playoff.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
macleafs said:
Did you even see him play? I watched everygame on Shaw and to say he didn't play well is just dumb. He was the main reason the giants one game 3 of the series and it's not his fault that his linmates can't finish at all. He set up so many quality chances did the little things right and really never was in the penalty box at all (8 penalty minutes is nothing and 4 of the 8 were coincidental roughing minors)

cj

Jul 17, 2004
Brule's not the reason the Giants lost, but he was very dissapointing, no doubt. There's no way you can sugercoat it. Game 3 was the only one he showed up for.

cj

Jul 17, 2004
surixon said:
Did you even see him play? I watched everygame on Shaw and to say he didn't play well is just dumb. He was the main reason the giants one game 3 of the series and it's not his fault that his linmates can't finish at all. He set up so many quality chances did the little things right and really never was in the penalty box at all (8 penalty minutes is nothing and 4 of the 8 were coincidental roughing minors)

I saw every game this series, and I disagree completely. His linemates can't finish? Bartley was among the best Giants this series. 2 goals tonight in a losing cause. Also, fyi, one of those coincidental roughing minors just happened to be with under 5 minutes left in the game tonight. Not exactly a great time for his to be in the box.

I've always been a big Brule fan, still am. But I can't deny that he just didn't show up for this series.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I also watched every game of this series. He showed up every now and then, but is nowhere even close to crosby. I don't really see him going in the top three. He's got some talent, of that theres no doubt, but he doesnt have as much as advertised.

espo*

He competes and has some first class talent,still,i'd like to see his game away from the puck improve and for him to go towards the game in intensity while shielding the puck.If he does that he'll be a good pro.............kinda reminds me of Roenick in some ways...........he has to learn though.Nice project kid who'll probably go after Johnson.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I see Brule in the same category as Schremp. Top-end offensive talent with incredible upside, but will slip several spots in the draft due to his floating and his mental game. I doubt Brule will slip as far as Schremp did, but at this pace I don't see Brule cracking the top five.

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
The kid isn't even an adult yet, already your saying he won't ever be a superstar. How do you know, when your 17-18 you got plenty of time to change your game around after a bad playoff year.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
This is a dumb thread to start....as soon as Crosby get;s knocked out....a Brule fan will be starting something identical.

Kelowna one of the top teams in the country, a team that knows how to shut people down....take that into consideration.

The UC

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Good players find ways!!

Who cares that Kelowna is one of the best teams, good players find ways to score big goals.
Unbiased Canadian said:
This is a dumb thread to start....as soon as Crosby get;s knocked out....a Brule fan will be starting something identical.

Kelowna one of the top teams in the country, a team that knows how to shut people down....take that into consideration.

The UC

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
That's good. I hope he'll slip so much that the habs can grab him. Brulé is an incredible prospect, let's leave it to that.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Unbiased Canadian said:

The UC
Didn't you start a thread when Crosby didn't get a point in a game?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unbiased Canadian said:

The UC

They didn't do a very good job of shutting Courchaine and Bartley down.

Courchaine was outstanding throughout the series - dangerous almost every time he was on the ice. I think it's fair to expect the same sort of impact from Brule and it wasn't there. At times he really moved his feet, got aggressive, and made things happen, but for the most part he was a total non-entity. 1 goal in 6 games, and that goal was a softie Yeomans should have had from a horrible angle.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Brule was good in parts, and bad in parts. He was being mauled pretty consistently by every Kelowna player...and he made some nice, nice plays to set up goals too. Didn't play great...but wasn't horrible.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
As far as I recall Brule had been cold for a part of the season towards the end.. maybe the last 10 games going into the Playoffs.

Not a great way to go into them that's for sure.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Brule didnt have a great playoffs no doubt.....dont forget he had 2 Rockets draped on him non stop throughout the series either....I was most impressed with the constant big time hits that Brule did lay on Kelowna players this series none the less.

I can't see him falling past 2nd spot in the draft whenever it does happen....If the Pens get first pick they go with Crosby and Chicago goes with Brule.....If the Pens get 2nd and Hawks first Pens take Brule 2nd.....the only way I could see him falling past 2nd pick is if Washington gets 2nd pick....then they would take Jack Johnson and pens or hawks take Brule 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->