brule v.s crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
some think because brule plays in the whl he's facing stiffer competition is this true

i think it's like jeter and a-rod and crosby in this scenario is a-rod brule is good but crosby is gifted with very special talents
i feel bad for nhl goalies when crosby plays in the nhl

he's like tiger woods when he made his debut just crazy talented

King_Brown

I was a bit skeptical of Crosby myself, but after watching him in the Mem Cup, that dude is the real deal. Hes a sutter player, with disgusting talent, and a crazy nose for the net. He better be a Flame.

Staalweiser

Apr 3, 2005
Aus.
I think Brule's overrated, and his stock has dipped for mine. Before the season, some people were actually talking up Brule as being better than Crosby. Where are those people now? Eating their hats somewhere, hopefully.

Maybe it's just because I'm Pro-Crosby, but meh... whatever...

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I think Brule does face some tougher defence in the WHL but Crosby is still definetly the better player. I really like Brule though has a great offencive game and plays with a real physical edge to boot.

espo*

Would Brule be doing what Crosby is doing at this Memorial cup? Sure he faces better defences on a a more consistent basis in the dubya but so what? he isn't as good a player as Crosby regardless if he plays in a league on the moon.If anyone can really try to hold some myth together that Brule is better because he plays in the whl they have to get off the Crosby hating bandwagon and just admit what is......................and that is that Brule is a great young player but not in Crosby's hemisphere.Kelowna was the best team from the western league but he did'nt have any trouble with them........................that should tell them all they need to know.

Whl,ohl.............Russian super league...................you put Crosby and Brule in any of them and Crosby shows he's the better player in the first game.

cj

Jul 17, 2004
There is no "Crosby vs. Brule." There never was. The people who ever attempted to make the argument that Brule is better than Crosby are few and far between so I fail to see why that is even worth mentioning. It's a shame that Brule gets continuously compared to Crosby as that seems to have been a significant factor in his stock dropping.

Crosby's on a different hemisphere from everyone in his age group. Naturally any of the 05 eligible prospects are going to look bad in comparison with him. The ridiculous thing here is that the argument has gone from "Crosby is better than Brule" ( a fact 99.9% of hockey fans acknowledge) to "Brule is overrated" because of him being compared to Crosby, a comparison that's most often brought up by people feeling the need to "prove" that Crosby's better (as if that really needs to proven.)

Erm, that was a rather mangled sentence. I hope I'm making some sense here.

Considering that Brule has lost his "consensus #2" spot in the draft and has fallen as far as 5th or 6th in some draft rankings, I don't know how he could possibly be considered overrated at this point. Unless you think he should fall right out of the top 10. :dunno:

Also, since many now seem to consider Pouliot the 2nd best forward in the draft, shouldn't this be a "Pouliot vs. Crosby" thread? ;)

espo*

I've never given Brule a hard time but......................i have'nt failed to notice that for a time some people wanted to put Brule neck and neck(or better) then Crosby........................difficult to understand to me.Your explanation is valid,i just saw quite a few at one time that wanted to put Brule in Crosbys class and.............that was'nt right or fair to Brule as you mentioned.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Crosby is great,Brule can become great

Brule will get better. There is room to improve there for sure. I think that Brule's stock has been up and down between 2-6. Lets not forget that Giants Coach Don Hay was using Brule as a 2nd line center and second line power play. Not great minutes and still led the Western Conference in scoring for the WHL. Considering all of this I think Brule will prove to be "under rated" not over rated. He had a pretty good season considering the variables. Good scouts for their respective NHL teams are well aware of the "Hay" factor. Ever watch the Giants pass the puck? Atom and Pee Wee teams do better. Don Hay's teams are pretty well crash and bang. No creative development with Hay's teams. For example;

Coach Hay has 3 Three on Two plays. 1.Carry the puck over the blueline and take a slapshot at the goaltender and hope to score. 2. Shoot the puck in the corner and chase the puck you already had. 3. Try to beat the defensemen one on one(usually this results in a turnover). No I am not kidding! Giants certainly underachieved this past season and the blame should fall squarely on the coach.

Give Brule 1st line ice time and the right linemates and he will shine. Problem with Brule is that he himself doesn't know how good he is or will become. He has a coach that has the team standing around in the neutal zone. God forbid should you not play dump and chase. No creativity for these Giants or you sit. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad