Brule or Little

gis16*

Brule 5.10 - 175
Draft year 87pts / 70 1.24

Little 5.10 - 190
Draft year 109pts/ 64 1.70

And Brule is far better than Little ??:help:
Who's will put more pts in NHL? You compare those players to ?
In the draft year, Brule was compare to Peca (hope not)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Brule......until he injures himself again, retires and then Little happens to have obviously the greatest career out of those two....

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Brule 5.10 - 175

Little 5.10 - 190

You know Brule plays in a far more defensive league than Little? Brule plays in the hardest league to put up a PPG. The WHL is the best league for a prospect to play in. In the WHL you just can't skate a circle around someone, not saying the QMJHL, and OHL don't have good defenders, because there are alot very good defenseman there, but the WHL mind set is much more physical.

Brule is nothing like Peca the kid is far more talented than that, Brule resembles someone Doug Gilmour than Peca. Brule is a potential super star.

Sticky*

tough to say

You cannot base their potential on the stats they put up in their draft year. Plus, Little had three seasons of major junior under his belt because of a late birthday, while Brule only had two.

Nonetheless, if I had to pick one, I would probably pick Brule, mainly because of his physical play, intensity, and still the ability to score. He kind of reminds me of Tuomo Ruutu, both in physical play, and skill.

Hopefully he does not take after Ruutu in the injury department.

Nothing against Little though, who is quite the offensive dynamo.

I think both Columbus and Atlanta respectively are happy with their picks.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Brule has more intangibles than Bryan Little has by a country mile. Heck, I doubt Little goes in the top 10 than last year, guaranteed.

Brule is a dominant player that can hit, forecheck, score, and fight(he's actually quite good for a sniper), and do it all, and is the type of guy you want to take the last faceoff in the game, and be out there. Little is not that.

I don't even think its close, and I've seen a lot of Little, who I might add will be a big surprise this year and in the future. Third best prospect of the draft, IMO.

Bring Back Krajicek*

brule by a wide margin
he had some of the nicest goals, set-ups, and hits of the year in the WHL. he is a better all-round player.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Brule, though offensively, they are on par. But Brule has a distinct edge in almost everything else, and Little is really good too in all areas.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
BTW with all the people who think we're knocking down Little we are not. Little is going to be a damn fine player, but Brule should have gone second overall in the Crosby draft. He's just that good in my eyes.

gis16*

Thanks for all your post. I'm really surprised about your post On Hockey news Special Future watch. They said about Brûlé He can Skate, He can Shoot, He can score. He's able to play the two-way,Hard-nosed game he possesses.

About Little
From NHL Central Scouting - Is a very good skater with excellent acceleration and speed who is solid on his skates...a highly skilled playmaker who sees the ice very well...possesses a good shot that he gets away quickly...elusive and handles the puck well in traffic...although not a physical presence, will not be intimidated and has been a consistent competitor.
From ISS - His size is a slight issue but he works so hard that he makes up for it with tenacity and effort on every shift. His low centre of gravity actually assists him because he is difficult to move off the puck and has the skills to get it to a teammate in a great location. He also has great leadership traits that should translate very well at the next level.
From TSNNamed the Eastern Conference's hardest worker, best playmaker, most dangerous man in goal area and best on face-offs in the 2005-06 Annual OHL Coaches Poll.

2 ...little competitors who are are to score... That is such similar things...no?

I Try another question...What's different??

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Thanks for all your post. I'm really surprised about your post On Hockey news Special Future watch. They said about Brûlé He can Skate, He can Shoot, He can score. He's able to play the two-way,Hard-nosed game he possesses.

About Little
From NHL Central Scouting - Is a very good skater with excellent acceleration and speed who is solid on his skates...a highly skilled playmaker who sees the ice very well...possesses a good shot that he gets away quickly...elusive and handles the puck well in traffic...although not a physical presence, will not be intimidated and has been a consistent competitor.
From ISS - His size is a slight issue but he works so hard that he makes up for it with tenacity and effort on every shift. His low centre of gravity actually assists him because he is difficult to move off the puck and has the skills to get it to a teammate in a great location. He also has great leadership traits that should translate very well at the next level.
From TSNNamed the Eastern Conference's hardest worker, best playmaker, most dangerous man in goal area and best on face-offs in the 2005-06 Annual OHL Coaches Poll.

2 ...little competitors who are are to score... That is such similar things...no?

I Try another question...What's different??

Brule is a far better player. As for a scouting report Brule is the better skater, has elite acceleration couppled with incredible agility, very fast top speed and explosivness. Little while quick and shifty isnt overly fast or explosive. Too his credit he has great lower body strength and is very agile as well. They play very differen't games: Little plays more of an alusive game in which he likes to slow down the play and rely on his playmaking or stickhandeling to get him in close to the net. Brule on the other hand while he can slow down the play very well, tends to play a much more high tempo explosive game in which he uses his speed to either go wide on defensemen or uses his great arsenal of one on one moves to beat a defensemen and go to the net, He also accels at making dmen back up on him when he enters the zone allowing him to unleash his shot through the screen on net. As for skill with the puck, both are world class stickhandlers with Brule being better coming in in a one on one situation off the rush while Little has the edge in close to goal. Little while he posses a good shot with really good release, is completly outclassed by Brule in this department, Brule has an absolutly outstanding shot and shot arsenal better then any prospect ive seen including Kessell. Both players play with their heart on their sleves and as mentioned earlier Brule is the much more complete player at this point although Little is really good in this regard as well. I fully expect Little to be a really good player in the Briere mold, but I expect Brule to be a star/superstar in this league.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Brule is a far better player. As for a scouting report Brule is the better skater, has elite acceleration couppled with incredible agility, very fast top speed and explosivness. Little while quick and shifty isnt overly fast or explosive. Too his credit he has great lower body strength and is very agile as well. They play very differen't games: Little plays more of an alusive game in which he likes to slow down the play and rely on his playmaking or stickhandeling to get him in close to the net. Brule on the other hand while he can slow down the play very well, tends to play a much more high tempo explosive game in which he uses his speed to either go wide on defensemen or uses his great arsenal of one on one moves to beat a defensemen and go to the net, He also accels at making dmen back up on him when he enters the zone allowing him to unleash his shot through the screen on net. As for skill with the puck, both are world class stickhandlers with Brule being better coming in in a one on one situation off the rush while Little has the edge in close to goal. Little while he posses a good shot with really good release, is completly outclassed by Brule in this department, Brule has an absolutly outstanding shot and shot arsenal better then any prospect ive seen including Kessell. Both players play with their heart on their sleves and as mentioned earlier Brule is the much more complete player at this point although Little is really good in this regard as well. I fully expect Little to be a really good player in the Briere mold, but I expect Brule to be a star/superstar in this league.

Excellent post... I see Brule as the next Doug Gilmour.

gis16*

So..
Brûlé=Gilmour
Little=Brière

Not bad at all! Thanks for your post, I drafted Little.
But Little with Kovy or Hossa will be a good pick:handclap:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So..
Brûlé=Gilmour
Little=Brière

Not bad at all! Thanks for your post, I drafted Little.
But Little with Kovy or Hossa will be a good pick:handclap:

I see the Little/Briere comparison all of the time and I just don't get it. By all accounts, Little is a sound defensive player who is used as a penalty killing weapon. He's also a physical presence, night in and night out, who like to drop the gloves occasionally. The only things I see that they may have in common is that they are short (Little, at 18, is taller, with a much larger body than Briere will ever have), skilled, goalscorers. Surely there is a better comparison out there. Perhaps somewhere between Daymond Langkow, and Rod Brind'Amour? Little probably has better sniping potential, though.

Last edited:

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Brule 5.10 - 175

Little 5.10 - 190

OHL:

Leading Scorer: 145pts, seven players with 100+ pts

WHL:

Leading Scorer: 102pts, one player with 100+ pts

So you can easily see that the WHL is not a scoring league like the OHL and the Q...

Brule is way way better...

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Little quite easily. When you watch him play, he is just such a smart player, hard working, great on faceoffs...no comparison in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad