Brule/Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Bring_Bak_Damphousse said:
This subject has probably been beaten to death on these boards but I was wondering, of these probable 2nd overall picks in the 04 and 05 drafts which one has the better offensive potential.

Thanks.

Brule has not had the chance to prove him self...this well be easier to answer in a year.

Right now...Malkin.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Brule has only been on the radar for a year or so, which to me makes it to early to form an educated opinion.

KariyaIsGod*

Malkin is the safer pick because with him you know more-so what you're getting.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
MrKnowNothing said:
Hopefully the Penguins end up with both. :D

Not an unlikely thing at all . . . if the season is lost Pens end up no worse than number 2 again . . . and with 6 of the last 7 years the last place team losing that supposed 50/50 chance at number one, Malkin and Brule (or whoever is number 2 next year) is not out of the question . . .

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I've seen Brule play a ton this year. He's got NHL superstar written all over him. He's easily the best 16 year old I've ever seen in the WHL, and judging what I've seen from Crosby, I'd take Brule over him.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
Brule has only been on the radar for a year or so, which to me makes it to early to form an educated opinion.
For a lot of us Brule has been on the radar for 2 years, The year after he was drafted with Quesnel and his rookie year this past year with the Giants.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Tough one, I like both of these players a lot. Right now I'd have to say Malkin because he's further along in his hockey and physical development. But if Brule grows and fills out some more over the next year, watch out.

I also agree with Miz and Vinny: I think when the 2005 draft rolls around, Brule will be considered the best NHL prospect for the total package he brings to the table.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Vincent_TheGreat said:
I don't give a rats ass what others think I believe Brule is #1 in 05 let alone better then Malkin!

I can actually see that happening. Brule is SO damn talented. He's dripping "superstar". It's weird, since he has had almost no exposure compared to Crosby. Well, we'll see in a year or so!

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The thing with Brule is that he will be a complete player with Grit and hitting and such whereas from what i have seen in the few WJ's games and Sportsnet games of Crosby he doesn't play that type of game and is more flashy type of forward.

Crosby or Brule????

I would take Crosby but just by a little bit and its not that far off in talent that everyone seems to think it is...

one more point Crosby will never be captain material where as i see Brule being a good captain

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
xtra said:
one more point Crosby will never be captain material where as i see Brule being a good captain

Just thought I'd point out that you know nothing of Crosby. You may have a good point about Brule being a good captain but with statements like that it's hard to take you seriously.

SwOOsh*

I would go with Brule over Crosby. I feel he is a safer more complete player.

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
Regardless of who will be the better player at next year's draft, unless Brule puts up an unbelievable season next year, any team that picks him over Crosby is going to face unbelievable public backlash.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Vincent_TheGreat said:
I don't give a rats ass what others think I believe Brule is #1 in 05 let alone better then Malkin!

"The Pittsburg Penguins, with our first overall pick in the 2005 draft, take Gilber....oh, who we are kidding, we take Sidney Crosby!!" - future.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Bubbles said:
"The Pittsburg Penguins, with our first overall pick in the 2005 draft, take Gilber....oh, who we are kidding, we take Sidney Crosby!!" - future.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: . . . from your mouth to the hockey Gods ears . . .

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
SwOOsh said:
I would go with Brule over Crosby. I feel he is a safer more complete player.
you'd rather go for safe and complete than HUUGE offensive upside? good thing the pens didnt think like that and take muller over lemieux in 84.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Come on now, I like Brule as much as the next guy and he is definetaly a 9 or even 9.5 on HF's rankings (as an example) but Crosby's a 10 no doubt. Total package nothing, Crosby is everything a team could want in a player. And I see no reason why he couldn't become a captain. Mario sure did.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
sparkplug said:
Regardless of who will be the better player at next year's draft, unless Brule puts up an unbelievable season next year, any team that picks him over Crosby is going to face unbelievable public backlash.

That's an exagerration. This isn't the NBA or NFL, and Crosby isn't Lebron James or Eli Manning. The exposure he gets is miniscule compared to top NBA and NFL prospects. The only way you would possibly get any "public backlash" is if a Canadian team picked Brule first overall because the Canadian media is the only source hyping up Crosby. He's not going to be making the cover of SI a year before he's drafted like Lebron did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad